Google Chromecast with Google TV issues

rottscheit

rottscheit

I am using Emby on my Google Chromecast with Google TV and there are two things that should be addressed. This is my first forum post so if I made a mistake, I do apologize in advance. 

• When there are multiple versions of the video (4k/1080p), Emby does not show what version is selected. If you look at the web version after selecting Version, to the right of that says Video. The web does it right Video: 1080p H264 or 4K HEVC. The only way to tell is through the audio.
  • Many, many episodes (TV) do not allow for fast forwarding AND when you try, it starts the whole episode over. To try and diagnose if it is the file or the program, I tried it on the following devices. 
    • iPhone 12 Pro
    • Pixel 2XL
    • Samsung Galaxy S10+
    • Samsung Galaxy S10
    • Samsung Tab S6 Lite
  • It works for all of these devices (as expected) but not for Google Chromecast with Google TV

1 hour ago, rottscheit said:

Emby does not show what version is selected

Hi.  Where are you looking?  It should be very similar to the other apps.  Did you disable the option to show these selectors on the detail screen?

1 hour ago, rottscheit said:

do not allow for fast forwarding

Can we look at an example?  This usually is an indication that the app doesn't have all the media details for the item.  What format is it?  Have you tried refreshing it?

dubbleup99
10 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Where are you looking?  It should be very similar to the other apps.  Did you disable the option to show these selectors on the detail screen?

ebr,

So...that is actually me who posted the video above, my parents forgot to log out. Thank you for the reply. I have attached two photos. If you look at one, the audio says "English AAC 5.1 (Default)" and one says "English DTS-HD MA 7.1 (Defau...)." Now look at next to the rating, both say 4k HDR. I grouped the movies together because I do not want to versions showing but it leads to some confusion. if you look at most other versions (at least ones I looked at), it actually changes to show 1080p or 4K HDR. Also, sorry for potato quality, had to use my phone since I do not know of there is a way to take screen shot of Android TV.

18 minutes ago, ebr said:

Can we look at an example?  This usually is an indication that the app doesn't have all the media details for the item.  What format is it?  Have you tried refreshing it?

An example would be when I am streaming The Queen's Gambit, episode one. The file is mkv, I have refreshed the data many times and when I play it in Plex (I have both but prefer Emby) it forwards no issues. I have no issues also forwarding on the PC or iOS and if there is anything other data I should be providing, please let me know. 

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

CBers
3 minutes ago, dubbleup99 said:

sorry for potato quality

If you install the Button Mapper app onto the Google TV device, you can create a shortcut button for taking screenshots.

I have used the long-press of the HOME button on my Google TV device to capture screen shots. 

The images are then stored in the Pictures folder, so you will also need a file manager app, such as X-Plore

So those are manually grouped items?  When you drop down the list, do you see more of the description?

For your seeking issue - this is almost certainly going to be an issue with the headers in the mkv file.  Can  you try running one through a simple remux to validate the headers?

dubbleup99
4 minutes ago, ebr said:

So those are manually grouped items?  When you drop down the list, do you see more of the description?

ebr,

Yes, through the web I select group versions

9 minutes ago, ebr said:

For your seeking issue - this is almost certainly going to be an issue with the headers in the mkv file.  Can  you try running one through a simple remux to validate the headers?

I sure can. I do not know of one, so would you be able to recommend one to me and I will go ahead and do it?

dubbleup99
On 1/11/2021 at 1:44 PM, jrwalte said:

MKVtoolnix

This worked, thank you. While I can do this and probably will, I def feel there should be a work around since all other versions of Emby work and my plex server has no issue.

dubbleup99
On 1/11/2021 at 12:54 PM, ebr said:

Is this something we can get looked at getting fixed in future updates?

Did you answer this question and I missed it? 

On 1/11/2021 at 12:54 PM, ebr said:

When you drop down the list, do you see more of the description?

Trying to figure out why the versions appear to have the exact same name.

dubbleup99
3 minutes ago, ebr said:

Did you answer this question and I missed it? 

Trying to figure out why the versions appear to have the exact same name.

I thought I did but I may have misunderstood your question. I used the "Group Versions" option since I have both the 4k and 1080p versions of the same movie and I hate having them show separate. The reason the files are the exact same name is before discover Emby, plex (and others) I used a program called MetaX to get basically the same thing except it was just with the files (skip the Netflix features).

When you click on that drop down list for the version, what, exactly, is shown for the two options in the list?

dubbleup99

ebr,

Okay, I hope I am answering your question correctly I have attached three screen shots. The first one (after using "Group Versions") you will see there are two versions. The second image is the 1080p version and the third is the 4k. If this is not it, are you by chance asking about the versions on my Chromecast?

image.thumb.png.6b37357fc6a3b23bfec50aac45cb76f4.png

image.thumb.png.ea04ec99acc3f1e352af19087276420a.png

image.thumb.png.b63d90996ef92d864e4e8cf2b29bd11e.png

Okay, thanks.  So the version names are identical.  How do  you tell which one  you are selecting when just looking at the list?

Have you considered using our automatic grouping by putting these items in the same folder and using our version naming?  This would give you much better version names to select from.

I will also look at how to address this specific issue in the app but the above will give  you a better overall experience I believe.

rottscheit

ebr,

I had to switch to my parent's account, apparently I hit my post limit (didn't know there was one and is there a way to get it reset)? First, I did not know there was an automatic grouping so I will def take a look at that. As for telling what version is what, I look next to video where it says 4K HVEC or 1080p. That is the issue with Google Chromecast with Google TV that should be updated, it doesn't tell you the version and I am semi smart with tech so I can tell the difference by the audio track. I keep the same name for the movies because that is the name of the movies, that is honestly it.