Music Artwork & Cover Tool for open testing

mickle026

mickle026

What i want to know, is does this work on Linux?,
does it work on NAS boxes?,
Does it just crash on your system?

Please test on a test environment first.
I take no responsibility at all for messing up your files!

etc - please give me some feedback. 

To undo the changes this plugin makes, rescan your library with refresh metadata and replace image option enabled.

This plugin allows you to change your track , backdrop and cover artwork.

Album covers should be in the same directory with the audio files for maximum Emby support, Although this plugin will look in one directory above if its not with the tracks and set that if it exists
So
ALBUM\CD1\track.mp3
ALBUM\CD1\Cover.jpg
or

ALBUM\Cover.jpg

It currently supports these names for a cover

"folder.jpg", "Folder.JPG", "FOLDER.JPG", "folder.jpeg", "folder.png", "Folder.PNG", "Folder.png", "FOLDER.PNG", "folder.gif", "Folder.GIF","FOLDER.GIF", "Cover.jpg", "cover.jpg", "Cover.gif","cover.gif", "COVER.JPG", "Front.jpg","Front.png","Front.gif","front.jpg", "front.png","front.gif", "folder.jpeg.jpg"

Track Artwork should be next to the track with the same name but with the graphic type extension, theres no need to retag or change any of your original media.

ALBUM\CD1\track.mp3
ALBUM\CD1\track.jpg

The best thing this tools does, is either Animation or (animation already works if you put cover.gif in the album dir and scan with "Perfectly organised" options in library structure, what wasnt was gifs per track)

Allows you to put track artwork next to each track (like the cd single artwork)

Allow Emby to add your music, it will use the embeded image for every track

Scan with this tool and change Emby can too all of your images, so that the display as a Cover, then different images for each track in your viewer, player or playlist.

Missing Album Covers are reported in the Log when using Album Cover Fixer

2021-01-11 18:16:25.797 Info MusicCoverFixer: 1 - MISSING ALBUM COVER - \\NAS\Music\Now That's What I Call Music 52\Disc1

Missing Track Art are reported in the LOG when using Track Art Fixer

2021-01-11 18:18:30.451 Info MusicCoverFixer: 1 - MISSING TRACKART - 01 - Ronan Keating - If Tomorrow Never Comes in \\NAS\Music\Now That's What I Call Music 52\Disc1

BackDrop Fixer

It will scan next to your media or 1 directory level up, for :
"backdrop", "backdrop0", "backdrop1", "backdrop2", "backdrop3","backdrop4", "backdrop5"
"landscape","landscape0" .. etc   

.jpg only are supported are supported - all of these files must be lowercase.  21 can be added.

GIFs are only supported on devices where they work otherwise they will show as static images.

The Album in the screen shots "NOW 52" has the Now 52 Cover, it is also embeded in all the tracks, but as the image is next to the track, this tool has altered all the track images in the cache to use the on next to the track in the directory.  Now 52 cover + 42 individual Track images.  I have used a Matrix style cover for the NOW 52 background in this exampl1403717505_Screenshot_2021-01-12Emby(8).thumb.png.125b4b64aec9167b956c09034ee5f8b6.pnge.

Screenshots below are NOT playlists but are albums!

2021-01-10-21-00-02.gif

Screenshot_2021-01-10 Emby(1).png

MAC Tracksjpg.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-10 Emby(2).png

MusicCoverFixer.zip

Edited by mickle026
Update details

mickle026

Fixed bugs , reduced logging and reuploaded.  If you use this please post screenshots of how it does.

Track Art Fixer - Please remember if you have a very large music library (ie thousands of Albums) but harldy track images, running the Track Art Fixer may produce large logs  (number of tracks * number of albums). 40,000 track = 40,000 lines in the log.

Updated to add images to metadata folder instead of using actual file, with the actual file you could remove an image from the WebIF and it would delete it from the drive.  I've changed this so that cannot happen.

Changed backdrops to jpg only as others were causing conflicts. You can now add more using this tool.  (backdrop.jpg) is now ignored, and only backdrop0.jpg to backdrop20.jpg will be picked up.

Reduced some more logging.

Edited by mickle026