Disc Folder Extras

TrackZ

TrackZ

I did the following experiment:

1. Ripped an extras discs from the Star Wars BD set to a BD folder.

2. In my Star Wars movie folder, made an Extras subfolder.

3. Made a subfolder under Extras called "Archive Disc".

4. Placed the BDMV and such folder rip content in that subfolder.

I went to the web client to see if the disc showed up as a playable extra on the movie profile page, but it did not. It would be nice to have this capability. Name the extra in the client the same as the subfolder name by default.

I tried an ISO file in the Extras folder and it did show up in the client. Although it shows NaN:NaN for the run time. Should just remove the run time count for ISO extras.

TrackZ

Have a look here

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser/wiki/Library-Structure

From the Wiki: "Special features for movies can be stored in an extras folder under movie folders. Nested folders are not supported."

Right, that's why I posted under feature requests.

Support for disc format extras goes a long way to improving usability of MB3 with full disc rip media storage. You could take the main movie disc rip and make that the pointer target for the profile entry for the movie in MB3 and then relegate any other discs to the extras folder. It would be a clean and simple setup because you could also drop 3D and special edition movie cuts on separate discs in as extras with no extra effort.

aspdend

Right, that's why I posted under feature requests.

Support for disc format extras goes a long way to improving usability of MB3 with full disc rip media storage. You could take the main movie disc rip and make that the pointer target for the profile entry for the movie in MB3 and then relegate any other discs to the extras folder. It would be a clean and simple setup because you could also drop 3D and special edition movie cuts on separate discs in as extras with no extra effort.

I see what you are saying - my implication was that surely this is already supported without a nested sub-folder?

TrackZ

This would require supporting subfolders under extras for the instance where you have multiple extras discs ripped to folder structures. The video_ts/bdmv folders cannot reside concurrently under extras. Each disc folder rip content needs to be in its own subfolder. It only needs to go one level deep though. One level of subfolders under extras to read the disc structure.