Movie description with trailer playing

all4dom

all4dom

I'm not sure if this is a duplicate but 1 feature that would be cool is the ability to toggle on or off a movies trailer playing while reading the movie description. I guess that's similar to Netflix & was probably requested already.

Thanks

Dom

• Like 1

Deathsquirrel

I would hate that so very, very, very much.  If this were implemented it should default to off.  The setting should be hidden.  You should have to manually create a complex, machine-specific text file and put it in a directory that the installer doesn't create in order to enable it!

I jest a bit, but it's seriously awful and should be off by default if it were implemented.

• Like 2

all4dom

That's why I was saying the ability to turn on or off. Most of my tvs are hard wired so streaming issues wouldn't be a problem. My thinking is if they wanted it then this would have been implemented already. I would hope emby improves on its eye candy appeal where Mb had alot more themes changing its appearance.

1 hour ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Doesn't this already happen with the video theme feature?

Not across all platforms.

I like the idea, myself.  Users could browse a library and find a movie that they are not familiar with and then click on the trailer to see if it interests them. I don't see how that would inconvenience anyone. It would just be used when wanted and not forced on anybody.  If you don't like it, don't use it. 

21 minutes ago, Beav said:

and then click on the trailer to see if it interests them

Hi.  We already have the ability to play the trailer via a button.

all4dom

I dont have video themes installed & yes you can hit the button but I thought that would be a nice feature similar to netflix. 

2 hours ago, all4dom said:

I dont have video themes installed & yes you can hit the button but I thought that would be a nice feature similar to netflix. 

Don't they just start playing the movie and not the trailer?

12 hours ago, all4dom said:

hey i dont have the video themes installed either how ever this can still be achieved by downloading the trailer from youtube, then placing the trailer into your movie file and renaming the trailer file. more information can be found here on how to set it up. Emby Movie Naming : Emby

once done this would replace the movie background and instead you would have the trailer play automatically. and you can also read the movie description. 

hope this helps 

Onyx 

all4dom

That's something I think I'll try. If bot I'll also look at the video themes plug in. The only think I miss from media browser are the different themes. Emby has a much better engine but you had so much eye candy with MB & I miss the fact I was younger back then....lol

all4dom

@Luke my movies sont start playing automatically. I do have trailers setup so once I hit play trailers will start first, but that's it.

34 minutes ago, all4dom said:

@Luke my movies sont start playing automatically. I do have trailers setup so once I hit play trailers will start first, but that's it.

Hi.  He was referring to your comment about Netflix's behavior.  Don't you also have a "Trailers" button on that screen that allows you to play the trailer?

all4dom

Yes @ebrI have the trailers plug in, but not the video themes but when info into the movie it doesn't play automatically. For me, what I think would look nice is when you go into the movie description your trailer would play automatically & the other thing would be media info icons including studio, the one thing I miss about MB was its themes. MB was graphically gorgeous.

all4dom

Im trying to see if I can get a trailer playing automatically If I understood correctly, i rename the trailer theme, but what other settings do I need to change. Thanks