Naming Question for Home Video and folder.jpg

lobo683
Go to solution Solved by lobo683,

lobo683

Hi,

I have a Folder type -> Home Video with a few Sub folder in it ex: HomeVideo/Folder1 , HomeVideo/Folder2

What do i need to do in order for the folder.jpg (in example Folder1) to show up in the Recent Items on the EHS ?

As of now they all have the default blue picture no matter what i put in /Folder1 (folder.jpg, poster.jpg) The is no .xml in that folder and no metadata since they are home video.

Has anyone any idea how to make this work ?

-Thanks

post-4185-0-79911600-1407200994_thumb.jpg

Edit them in the web interface using the pencil icon. When in the metadata editor click the images tab and +upload them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

lobo683

The Poster Still wont Show Up in EHS but now instead of the Default blue icon i now have a screenshow of the actual Video.

Anything else you can think of ?

post-4185-0-50469800-1407283183_thumb.jpg

post-4185-0-30054200-1407283184_thumb.jpg

post-4185-0-92151700-1407283184_thumb.jpg

Edited by lobo683

buddyweiser

Maybe try deleting the image cache for MBC? I had a problem with images not showing up properly and that fixed it for me.

Sent using my Optimus L90

lobo683

and is there a way to do this from the menu or i need to just delete the files in MediaBrowser-Server\cache ?

PBzeer

Your folder should look like this, (from my Videos/paean folder)

53e2bc77b6673_002.jpg

Obviously, I created my own art, and I also have a stock .xml file that I fill in the video name and then let MB fill out the rest, or add in the metadata editor.

PBzeer

I should have added that the "type" you chose (movie, music video, etc) for the parent folder will make a difference in the .xml that is created. For a home video, I would just use "movie".

What I do, is create the folder, add the art and xml, before I add the video.

Here's what it looks like on the videos screen:

53e3781811ba8_004.jpg

And then on the video itself screen:

53e3784f40492_003.jpg

The Poster Still wont Show Up in EHS but now instead of the Default blue icon i now have a screenshow of the actual Video.

Anything else you can think of ?

Did you follow the advice above and edit them with the web interface?

Edit them in the web interface using the pencil icon. When in the metadata editor click the images tab and +upload them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

lobo683

Yeah did use the web interface everything show up fine Except the poster on the Ehs home screen (as you can see with my attach screenshot)

But i'll give a try to change the Type as My series and movies come up fine on the home screen 

• Solution
lobo683

The Way I was Able to fix it was to switch the Type to Tv Show then create a Folder called Seson0 in each sub folder and use the Web intefance to insert poster,backdrop & everything and now everything shows up perfecty (EHS & everywhere)

ex: HomeVideo1\season0    <----All the different video in there

ex: HomeVideo2\season0     <--- More here and on and on

Thanks to Everyone !

Edited by lobo683