Emby Server - Nvidia Shield TV Pro - Missing TV Seasons

ticster

ticster

Hi,

So I'm setting up emby on my Nvidia Shield TV Pro and it's all going fine for movies, but when I get to TV shows I have weird behaviour happening, for MOST TV Shows everything is fine it's finding the show, episode count, seasons etc... and they show up fine in the client. However for 'some' other shows although it scans the seasons (I can see that happening in the embyserver log file) but in the client the seasons do not show, I don't get to 'play' the episodes either 'next up' or 'play all' just nothing - yet I can see the server parsing the data etc...

Some of the shows where seasons don't show up I can still 'play up next' or 'play all' and the show will play but I can't see the episodes themselves myself in the front end, this is on web or client app on the shield or tv or pc web browser.

All my shows are named in the same way showname/showname - season 1/episode title - SXXExx.extension and as I say most are fine but 'some' are not....

I've tried refreshing the metadata already too... any thoughts?

1 hour ago, ticster said:

All my shows are named in the same way showname/showname - season 1/episode title - SXXExx.extension

Hi. That is not a supported naming convention for season folders.  Remove the showname and make it just "Season x".

TV Naming

ticster

Hmm interesting, it's worked fine for ages on windows one, only having issue moving to Nvidia Shield and android server.... have I just been lucky?

You may have just been getting lucky but we can look into being able to accommodating that naming.

ticster

One thing I'm also noticing is that it's hard to tell when the server is 'truly done' with it's tasks after scanning my library, it is quite large, but even though the 'scan' is 100% complete there's obviously still alot going on in the background....

On 1/8/2021 at 12:16 PM, ticster said:

One thing I'm also noticing is that it's hard to tell when the server is 'truly done' with it's tasks after scanning my library, it is quite large, but even though the 'scan' is 100% complete there's obviously still alot going on in the background....

A default server install won't be doing much in the background, but check the scheduled tasks section and see if any are running.