Emby Theater Windows work/look like Android/Fire TV

solson440

solson440

I recently finally invested in a network cablecard TV tuner that works with Emby. I updated all my HTPC's to Windows 10, and am using Emby Theater for my interface. I have an Emby Server running on a Windows 10 box I have set up as a home server that contains all my media, and live TV. I prefer to use a dedicated HTPC for my primary media/TV consumption. However, there are a lot of things I prefer about the way Emby works on Android and Fire TV. For instance, when you stop live TV, on Android/Fire TV, the guide displays current information. On Windows, I have to back out of the guide, and then go back into it to have current information displayed. There are other things I like about the Android/Fire TV interface, but that's the big one. Is there a way to make this happen?

Hi, so what you're asking for is to have the guide auto update on Theater correct?

solson440

Correct. I looked for a setting in both the Server and Theater to accommodate this, but could find nothing in either place. When stopping live TV on the Windows app, the guide shows where I last started watching. When I do the same on the Fire TV, the guide is current, and can be accessed immediately with current information.

I just tested this a few ways and the guide data does not update, nor does the timeline.  Switching tabs does not help as well.  Only exiting Live TV and going back in refreshes the data.

@Luke

solson440

Correct; using Emby on Fire TV does not exhibit this behavior. Stopping live TV on the Fire returns you to a current guide/current time. Also, if you exit the Emby app on Fire TV, the guide will be on the same channel as last watched when returning to the app/live TV. The Windows Emby Theater makes you start at the top of the guide. Just wondering if there is a way to make Emby Theater work like the Android and Fire TV apps do?

Sort order, if you want recent channels at the top.  Stuff like that.  Might be useful, might not be.

Didn't know if you were aware of them.

solson440

Yes, I was. Thank you.

One other thing of note; the Emby app on my Samsung Smart TV is the same as Windows Emby Theater, not like the Android/Fire TV app.

Hi, yes we will be adding these features to the Emby Theater app. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1