Android TV on Humax Aurora

jtk174
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

I have been running emby premiere for over 5 years on a Qnap ts251. Current version is 4.5.4.0

Just bought a new Humax box and installed emby 1.8.54g. Ran it last night to test and it worked well. Tried today and the app just has the rotating circle and after a while I get a dialogue about invalid user or password. The dialogue disappears, but the circle keeps going, so I have to kill it. 

If I clear data on the app and run it again, I get to select the user and it logs in. If I shut down and reload the app I'm back to the circle. I can log into the server on my other devices without issue. These include an Android box and Android phone. 

I sent logs via my server, but no idea how you identify where they're from? 

JK

13 minutes ago, jtk174 said:

I sent logs via my server, but no idea how you identify where they're from? 

You mean from the app?  We identify them with this information requested in the instructions:

Then add the following information to your report in the forum:

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log (in Eastern Time please - UTC -5)
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

The logs were sent from within my emby server. Unfortunately I didn't note the time but it was between 9 and 10am eastern time (2 - 3 pm GMT). User logged in was JK. 

16 minutes ago, jtk174 said:

The logs were sent from within my emby server.

Hi. Exactly how did you do this?

There was an icon which said "send logs". Did that relate to the app and not the server? 

I'll just hook my other Android box back up, as it worked fine. Just means keeping another remote handy. 

3 hours ago, jtk174 said:

There was an icon which said "send logs". Did that relate to the app and not the server? 

I'll just hook my other Android box back up, as it worked fine. Just means keeping another remote handy. 

Yes he's asking for you to use the send logs function in the app.

Thanks. I believe that's what I have done. It's actually working fine if I remember to clear data before loading the app. I tried to change the logon settings to logon with this user, but the setting is not kept, yet changing the theme does get kept. 

• Solution

Hi.  Make sure the address shown on your server dashboard is correct.  I believe it isn't and you'll need to adjust it in the network settings.

You are correct. Why this should be, I don't yet know. As the server has been running a long time, I know the address and browsed to it straight away. This was also the IP that I initially typed into the app and the address that my other devices have been using for years. As a consequence, I would never have thought to check your solution. 

In any event the problem is solved and the app connects without issue. Thanks you.