Convert media task

Alexwerilles

Alexwerilles

Can videos be converted only at a certain hour?

For scheduled tasks, I set a time for converting videos. However, if I click on the option “convert” to folder or library, the videos start to be converted instantly.

I want all the files that I put in to be converted, converted only at a certain time and the conversion stopped at a certain time and only return the next day at the time I set. You can not do that? So what is the function of the "convert media" option in scheduled tasks?

Q-Droid

The scheduled task will convert media that was added to the queue automatically, for example when new media is added to a location monitored  by a conversion "job". 

I too would like to see separation between manual conversions and queued conversions. Right now when you run a conversion manually everything in the queue gets converted. And as you say, an  option to queue it or run immediately would be good. 

Edited by Q-Droid

We kick it off immediately when you schedule a conversion because if we don't, then we end up with users thinking that it's not working. But options to control that are possible for the future. thanks.

Alexwerilles

If I place a library to convert and then cancel the conversion, will the conversion automatically return at the time I set for scheduled tasks?

3 hours ago, Alexwerilles said:

If I place a library to convert and then cancel the conversion, will the conversion automatically return at the time I set for scheduled tasks?

No.