Adding a Jump to Episode XX option

Kyouma

Hi, is it possible to add an option within the season overview to jump to a specific Episode? I have some series with more than 100 or 200 Episodes in one Season and it would be very convenient to have that kind of option instead of scrolling down.

Yes, why not? If you have a button next to the others, saying "Jump to" and after pressing that button, you can type the Episode number and it jumps directly to that position. Why wouldnt that be faster?

EDITTo let you know, i am using the Fire TV to watch everything.

Edited by Kyouma

20 hours ago, Kyouma said:

To let you know, i am using the Fire TV to watch everything.

How would you "type" it in?  Most people wouldn't have a keyboard on that device.  I would think you could scroll to episode 100 quicker than  you could navigate to a button (which would have to be repeated on every item I guess), produce a popup and navigate with your remote to type in 100...

5 minutes ago, Q-Droid said:

ATV # - number pad like in Live TV guide? 

Right - that's what I explained above.  Unless there were like 1000 episodes, I don't think it would be faster to go through that process than to just scroll there.  But, if enough people support this, it is always possible.

I dont understand why you would need a keyboard. If you want to search something on the Fire Tv you get this 

Spoiler

6WuiEqp.jpg

20 minutes ago, ebr said:

...(which would have to be repeated on every item I guess)...

What do you mean on every item? An extra button on the Season Overview should do it or not?

I mean on this overview 

Spoiler

y8Dh5sZ.png

Next to those other buttons or under "more". And pressing that said button would pop up the keyboard and you could type the number you want.

Reading your post seems like its impossible to do. Is it?

Hope its understandble on how i think of implementing it.

Edited by Kyouma

1 minute ago, Kyouma said:

What do you mean on every item?

If focus were on episode 20 and you wanted to go to episode 102, you'd have to scroll back up to the button in order to then type in the number to go to. 

It isn't impossible to do this but we want to limit functions and buttons on the screen to functions that the majority of users will find useful.  Otherwise we just end up with way too many buttons and a difficult application to use.

So, if enough people want this, it is a possibility.  I will move this to feature requests.

Regarding scrolling back to the top, if I press the back button on the Fire TV, I get immediately to the top. So that shouldnt be a problem at all, right?

On the Fire TV there are currently 3 Buttons in the Season page

Spoiler

UjF6FoF.jpg

Would be a 4th one that bad?

I hope this can be a thing in the future.

40 minutes ago, Kyouma said:

Would be a 4th one that bad?

Not necessarily but this is just one feature requested by one person so far. If we added a button for every person's favorite feature then there would certainly be too many buttons :).

So, we will monitor this request for support.

Thanks.