TVHeadend Plugin Logos not displayed

ich777

Hello,

have a strange problem on a system of my buddy.

He recently installed the TVHeadend plugin and started assigning the TV stations custom Logos within Emby. After a short while he decided to redo the TVHeadend installation and also installed the Picon Logo pack which loads fine and shows up in TVHeadend itself.

Now here is the problem the Logos don't update in Emby instead they are all blank, I looked into the folder /config/metadata/ and there should be a folder 'livetv' and 'views' but the two folders aren't there.

So what we tried then is to uninstall the plugin create the folders 'livetv' and 'views' and installed the TVHeadend plugin once again but no change or anything whatsoever we also tried to delete the folders entirely and start without them (we tried this multiple times, with lot's of restarts from Emby in between to be sure that all is initialized correctly and lots of TV Live Guide refreshes).

The strange thing is that on my machine and another machine of a family member it works just fine and the Logos refresh even if you add or remove a channel.

Can it be that there is something leftover in his database that prevents the logos/folders beeing created?

Regards,

Christoph

8 hours ago, cayars said:

Hi, is this pulling XML from the TVHeadend for the guide/icon data?

Where did I see if it pulls the XML?

The TV guide is visible in Emby but the logos aren't.

Also tried to delete the "empty" Logos manually within Emby and click on refresh but the Logos won't show up, always replaced with a "empty" picture.

Can this be because the directories are not there?

Oh btw all 3 systems run the official Emby image in a Docker container (latest version) and the host is Unraid.

What I was getting at is that the Guide Data or XML can overwrite the logos to be used.  I don't know you setup but it's quite possible you information is getting updated from XML or guide data.  It's something we would need to dive into and look at logs to see if this is the case.

38 minutes ago, cayars said:

What I was getting at is that the Guide Data or XML can overwrite the logos to be used.  I don't know you setup but it's quite possible you information is getting updated from XML or guide data.  It's something we would need to dive into and look at logs to see if this is the case.

Just tell me what logs you need and I will submit them TVHeadend, Emby (Debug Enabled?).

The strange thing is that I've setup all instances completely the same except for that we set up TVHeadend one more time new and the folders are not in place in the Emby Docker Container.

May it be that something is left over in the database that shouldn't be there?

canada99

You can bypass the tvheadend plugin in emby and load your tvheadend into the iptv area of emby to see if the logos and everything else works for you. I am guessing your friend is using his tvheadend with port 9981 open for remote connections ? Here is how you load both the channels and epg from your buds tvheadend server.

Do the same for the TV Guide data in emby except put your tvheadends epg link in http://your.IP.here:9981/xmltv/channels

Your logos should load fine after that in emby.

emby.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, canada99 said:

You can bypass the tvheadend plugin in emby and load your tvheadend into the iptv area of emby to see if the logos and everything else works for you. I am guessing your friend is using his tvheadend with port 9981 open for remote connections ? Here is how you load both the channels and epg from your buds tvheadend server.

Do the same for the TV Guide data in emby except put your tvheadends epg link in http://your.IP.here:9981/xmltv/channels

Your logos should load fine after that in emby.

Actually this worked just fine!

One thing to note, the URL from your screenshot is wrong the right URL would be: http://your.IP.here:9981/playlist/channels

Thank you very very much!