Refreshing library stuck at 30.3%. CPU pegged at 99%

Mark-Ev
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Mark-Ev

Can't seem to update metadata or refresh media library. Synology CPU pegs at 99% and stays there until I manually stop the server.

Updated to: emby-server-synology_4.5.4.0_x86_64.spk

Rebooted several times to see if fault would clear.

Previous version (emby-server-synology_4.5.2.0_x86_64.spk) I had also did some weird things and would not work properly but I gave up and left it for months.

This version just fails to update anything even though I can play media that's listed.

DS918+ Log is attached.

embyserver.txt

Edited by Mark-Ev
added model

Mark-Ev

Luke,

Not sure what exactly you mean but here is what I think you're asking.

I have two libraries, Movies and TV shows

Under "Server" - > "Library" - edit selected under each library;

Folders for "Movies"

/volume1/Emby

\\DS918plus\NAS\Video\MOVIE RIPS

Folders for "TV shows";

\\DS918plus\NAS\Video\TV Series

• Solution
Happy2Play

I would assume this System.OutOfMemoryException could be a factor.

2021-01-04 12:55:29.815 Error App: Error in GetLibraryUpdateInfo
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.5.4.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /volume1/Emby -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -updatepackage emby-server-synology_{version}_x86_64.spk
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.59+ (root@build3) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #25426 SMP PREEMPT Mon Dec 14 18:48:50 CST 2020
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.8
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /volume1/Emby
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.OutOfMemoryException: System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
	   at System.Collections.Generic.LargeArrayBuilder`1.AllocateBuffer()
	   at System.Collections.Generic.LargeArrayBuilder`1.AddWithBufferAllocation(T item, T[]& destination, Int32& index)
	   at System.Collections.Generic.LargeArrayBuilder`1.AddRange(IEnumerable`1 items)
	   at System.Collections.Generic.EnumerableHelpers.ToArray[T](IEnumerable`1 source)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.IsVisibleStandaloneInternal(User user)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.IsVisibleStandalone(User user)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.LibraryChangedNotifier.TranslatePhysicalItemToUserLibrary[T](T item, User user, Boolean includeIfNotFound)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.LibraryChangedNotifier.<>c__DisplayClass29_0.<GetLibraryUpdateInfo>b__0(BaseItem i)
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectManySingleSelectorIterator`2.MoveNext()
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
	   at System.Linq.Set`1.UnionWith(IEnumerable`1 other)
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.DistinctIterator`1.FillSet()
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.DistinctIterator`1.ToArray()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.LibraryChangedNotifier.GetLibraryUpdateInfo(List`1 itemsAdded, List`1 itemsUpdated, List`1 itemsRemoved, List`1 foldersAddedTo, List`1 foldersRemovedFrom, Int64 userId)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.EntryPoints.LibraryChangedNotifier.SendChangeNotifications(List`1 itemsAdded, List`1 itemsUpdated, List`1 itemsRemoved, List`1 foldersAddedTo, List`1 foldersRemovedFrom, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.Linq
	TargetSite: Void AllocateBuffer()

That log appears to only show one library.

Info LibraryMonitor: Watching directory /volume1/Emby

Why is your data path configured as a Library? That path is only for Emby programdata.  So you are creating a infinite loop on itself if I am reading this correctly.

Mark-Ev

Happy2Play,

It was a while a go (1yr?)but my recollection is that it was a default directory. I did not want to move the media files to the Emby directory so I added my own library directory and gave Emby full access under the NAS User Control settings. I left the "Emby" directory there.

Unless during installation I was asked to select a destination?

Funny that it used to work OK until I upgraded to a new version.

I will try to remove the directory reference.

As for RAM usage, the DSM Resource Monitor says RAM is OK at 11%.

Thanks for your help.

At some point you must have added that folder as an emby library folder, which is not good because that's also the server's data folder.

I would suggest removing it and then running a full library scan.