Folder Sync stuck on 'Ready to Transfer'

G4n0nD0rf
Go to solution Solved by G4n0nD0rf,

G4n0nD0rf

Hi

I created a Folder Sync loc ation with path \\192.168.0.3\EmbyFolderSync, but my downloads don't end up in this folder. They stay on status 'Ready to Transfer'. The logs say Access to the path ... is denied. The folder is a shared folder on my Unraid server with Public SMB security. Am I doing something wrong with the path syntax?

embyserver.txt

but my downloads don't end up in this folder. 

Hi, can you please go over an example? thanks.

G4n0nD0rf

It happens when I select 'Download To' and choose my Folder Sync location. The media conversion works fine, but the status of the download then stays on 'Ready to transfer'. When starting the 'Transfer media' scheduled task, it stops after a second.

Downloading to a mobile device with conversion works fine.

Emby_Downloads.png

Emby_Sync.png

Emby_Download_To.png

G4n0nD0rf

'EmbyFolderSync' is the actual share name. From a Windows device I can access and write to \\192.168.0.3\EmbyFolderSync. I also tried to make a subfolder 'Videos' because the log specifies it tries to write to that folder (Access to the path '/192.168.0.3/EmbyFolderSync/Videos/2017-07-07 - BBQ in tuin' is denied.), but that didn't make a difference.

Instead of adding the UNC share path to folder sync, try mounting the UNC share to local path using the tools in the OS. Then add the local path into Emby server instead.

G4n0nD0rf
14 hours ago, Luke said:

Instead of adding the UNC share path to folder sync, try mounting the UNC share to local path using the tools in the OS. Then add the local path into Emby server instead.

How do I do that? My Emby Server runs in a docker on my Unraid server.

Edited by G4n0nD0rf

G4n0nD0rf

That is for sharing unnassigned disks within Unraid which I don't have. I don't think that has anything to do with it.

In the meantime I have also tried to write to a share \\192.168.0.8\TestShare on my Windows 10 machine with password protection disabled, but the problem is the same.

embyserver (1).txt

• Solution
G4n0nD0rf

When adding the Unraid share as 'Host Path 2' in the docker settings, I was able to set the Folder Sync Path to /mnt instead of \\unraidserver\sharename. I can only use one share this way, but it works. In the end I decided to make my different versions anyway because the compression settings were to limited for me. Thank you for your quick responses!

image.thumb.png.57ffb96043373628dfefc4888f88ef69.png