user profile question

ausvette
Go to solution Solved by ausvette,

ausvette

I have 3 pcs setup running mbc client. I have all using the same user profile. The first client I setup updates the watched indicators on tv shows correctly. The other 2 pcs display the watched indicator as from the first PC, but don't update the watched indicator when content is viewed locally.

Is this something that should work or do I need to use a seperate user profile for eah PC?

ausvette

All Windows 7 running media browser classic.

Latest versions of everything. Its been running like this for several months. I kind of expected it would fix itself with server or client updates, but its always exhibited the same behaviour.

swhitmore

Have you tried logging in and out? Not sure what the issue is, but it should be working.

Do you ever exit MBC on any of the machines?

Watched status won't update automatically if you watch something with one client and you are already logged in to that same profile on a different one.

ausvette

Playing around with this a bit more I've realized this isn't a profile issue or doesn't appear to be.

Yes I've exited MBC on the other clients. I created anew profile to use on one of the clients which doesn't update the watched status and it still doesn't update the watched status.

I'm using mpc-hc as my media player.

Any tips on why watched status wouldn't update?

BATTLE DONKEY

I believe mpc-hc is the cause. From other posts I have read, mpc-hc does not report back a watched status therefore that is why it is not updating. Try playing a video using just the stock media player or web client and see if it marks the item as watched after

• Solution
ausvette

Ok solved this one. I'd set the minimum resume percentage on the server to 0 and the maximum resume percentage to 100%. Seems this stops the watched indicator working.

Also somewhere along the mpc-hc upgrades, the web interface had become unchecked. Seems this wasn't reset by running the apply settings option from mpc-configurator.

• Like 1