Animate thumbnails in "My Media"

HanzoX7

HanzoX7

Upon adding a new library, Emby generates a thumbnail using four images from the pool of artwork within the library. I think it would be nice if after a minute or so, the apps could begin scrolling through some the different artwork in that library. Add some toggles so users who may not want the feature aren't forced and perhaps some settings to enable things like delays and animation, like slide up and down or sideways, that type of thing... I think it would make the home screen a bit more appealing. Sorry if this has been requested before... 

• Like 2

Happy2Play

So basically have each library card have its own slide show via multi-poster or thumbs? 

7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, scrolling in what way?

I would assume similar to Horizontal spotlight rotations.

But to me little chaotic on multiple libraries "My Media".  But I guess this would depend on ones setup.

HanzoX7

Kinda like the attached... imagine the blue rectangle being one of the media libraries (Movies or TV Shows) and the gray / orange / red rectangles as artwork. In my crude attempt at animation I only did a fade-in, but you can do slide ins, etc... the way they appear is not that important to be honest, just that the artwork inside changes every once in a while...

I guess it is always possible as some sort of option but, IMO, several of those on the screen all doing that would be nauseating :).

HanzoX7

True... what about "on load"? When the user goes back to the main menu, it shows different artwork in the libraries?

heciruam

I think this would be cool if the recommendations get "rotated" through after a certain amount of time.

Maybe with an animation effect of a flip clock.

13 hours ago, heciruam said:

I think this would be cool if the recommendations get "rotated" through after a certain amount of time.

Hi.  These aren't really "recommendations". They are just random images from your library.

Mibok
On 1/5/2021 at 6:30 AM, ebr said:

Hi.  These aren't really "recommendations". They are just random images from your library.

I was thinking in submit a feature request for something like this, but asking for a rotation of those images. Maybe rotating those random images weekly or daily,  no need to being animated just rotate that library images only to add some variety to the front page.

4 minutes ago, Mibok said:

I was thinking in submit a feature request for something like this, but asking for a rotation of those images. Maybe rotating those random images weekly or daily,  no need to being animated just rotate that library images only to add some variety to the front page.

They do rotate, I don't know how regularly but they definitely to rotate.

Mibok
9 minutes ago, neik said:

They do rotate, I don't know how regularly but they definitely to rotate.

Oh! i didn't notice that, i only notice the rotation when rescanning a library or deleting the library image so it regenerate the image. Maybe adding an option on how often we want to refresh that.

Happy2Play
26 minutes ago, Mibok said:

Maybe rotating those random images weekly

Dynamic images should be updating weekly.

• Like 2

What Happy2Play said.

You can delete the image manually and force it to recreate them if you don't happen to like the choice it made.  I had what I'd call an inappropriate  image made once or twice that shouldn't have been used on a system with parental ratings being used.  I had a box cover with a topless girl and it was used.

I think an option to use only X rating box covers would be a welcome addition.  So for example you could choose PG-13 to eliminate box covers like R, X, Unrated from being used.

But there are some great graphics here that can be used instead that might be even better for many people.
https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/70-fan-art-videos/

• Like 1