Accessing server after install of Emby

MediaMogal

MediaMogal

I just installed AcroLinux and intend to install Emby. I do not want to backup my setting from Garuda, I just want to log into my existing Emby account and start setting it up. Last time I installed Emby in another Arch based OS I had to create a whole new server cause I could not get past a page with the Emby logo and nothing else on it. Any help with making sure that once I install Emby here I'll be able to access my current server would be great. Thanks

MediaMogal

I guess yes.  I want to install Emby on the AcroLinux install, and then login in to my server and start from scratch on the setup without getting a page with no login boxes. 

MediaMogal

I really do not want to back up and restore. As I stated I just want to install fresh in the new OS and be able to log into my existing web account and have Emby have me set it up from scratch. 

Edited by MediaMogal

Then yes you can certainly do a fresh install but it will be a brand new server installation, with no relationship to the old one.

MediaMogal

OK I see unlike Plex we can reuse the same username without having to first remove the old server. Nice, something else Plex could learn from Emby.

On a side note for those interested LOVING the Acro Linux install.  Faster and more stable than either EndeavourOS or Garuda. Only one Issue after getting everything install, and setup to my liking vs an average of six or more that have to be addressed before one can really enjoy the OS. That one issue actually doesn't take away from a stable and smooth experience. Out of the gate after I installed Emby and added my TV Series library I got to just sit back and watch it populate with images, no BS of having to fix permissions that should of already been taken care of when I gave myself ownership of my mount folders. One thing they did which I found an odd choice is not include Energy Saving. I went through all the setting and unchecked both settings that will turn the monitor off after awhile, but then I ran a couple of errands and came back to the monitor being off. Luckily I quickly realized it could be only one thing that is normally installed in most Plasma desktops and unchecked by default. Installed it, unchecked it and no more screen shutting off. The difference in performance between Acto and Garuda is night and day. I went back into Garuda to grab a couple of files and make sure there weren't items in my browsers I wanted and Garuda is extremely slow in comparison.