ExoPlayer doesn't persist Zoom mode

AndrewLe

AndrewLe

Hi guys,

I prefer to watch movies using Zoom in the Zoom mode. And I need to switch the mode every time I start the new movie. How to persist / set&forget this mode of the player?

Hi, we currently don't persist this, but options are possible for the future. Out of curiosity, are you primary watching content that requires this, such as 4:3 resolution videos?

AndrewLe

Great, looking forward.

Primary movies aspect ratio is 2.35:1 (on 16:9 TV). Zooming effectively removes black bars.

jrwalte

also cuts quite a bit of the actual movie film edges off. But to each their own.

Edited by jrwalte
  • Like 1

AndrewLe
5 hours ago, jrwalte said:

also cuts quite a bit of the actual movie film edges off. But to each their own.

Yes, but I've never seen the valuable scene details there :)

Hi.  This app actually does persist the setting for that movie once you set it.   So, if you go back and play that same movie again (or resume it) the zoom should already be set for you.

I guess that's possible for the future but I think the likelihood of people forgetting they set it when they were watching a movie the night before and then getting confused as to why most of their content is chopped off the next day is extremely high.

AndrewLe

Could be. So if this option moves to the playback setting - it will satisfy anyone. 

Edited by AndrewLe