Selectively Odd Issue

TolkienBard

TolkienBard

So we have come to the point of "household beta" when it come to having a household multi-media network. We have been posed with numerous challenges over the years, mostly due wither to hardware or the fact that we rent our home (for now at least though that will soon be changing). So, here I am. I hae all 2200 movies and 750 television seasons loaded up on the temporary media server. My brother has a decently powerful PC hooked up to his television. We loaded MBT up on his PC. It finds the server on the home network just fine. 

Beyond that, things get odd. For instance, last night he was attempting to watch Rango. His significant other prefers to watch most movies with the subtitles on. So, he clicked on the little green arrow in the hidden icons tray. Yet, when he did, no S:Language options came up. 

On my PC, which is also the server machine, all the available options came up. We went in and checked, and he has full permissions and English preferences set for his subtitles. So, at first, we thought it might be an issue with my PC also being the server. But then, with 10 Things I Hate About You and with Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, the subtitle options under the green arrow came up as expected. After he comes home later tonight I'll try running debug when he logs on and ask him to load one of the titles he has the subtitle issue with.

If anyone has any suggestions for what the issue might be, I'd be much obliged.

Redshirt

Use the star (*) menu in mbt when media is playing and you should have a graphical option to change/enable subtitles.