No items found if library type is 'TV Shows' - Emby on OMV

clioopen
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

clioopen

Deaar all,

I have my Emby on Open Media Vault (OMV); I am runing OMV in a virtual machine and I'm trying out Emby as well. What I have noticed is that when I create a new library it will display contents if I select 'Movies' as the content type but I will get a 'No items found' message if I select 'TV Shows.'

Has anyone exxperienced similar issue? Could it be due to fact that the folder is not organized? The folder is now like this:

Folder
    ShowName (20XX)
        Season 1
            ShowName S01E01.mkv
            ShowName S01E01.jpg
            ShowName S01E02.mkv
            ShowName S01E02.jpg
            ShowName S01E03.mkv
            ShowName S01E03.jpg
    Other.Show.S01E01.SomeMeta.avi
    Other.Show.S01E01.SomeMeta-poster.jpg
    Other.Show.S04E016.SomeMeta.avi
    Other.Show.S04E016.SomeMeta-poster.jpg

clioopen

I have reorganized the folder but with no luck. Thank you for the help! I'll try with a new folder and map that one to see if it works :)

PS: my "root" folder for shows is named "Shows" - would it be better to rename it TV? It might sound irrelevant but I've seen similar things oh so many times :D 

Happy2Play

It is hard to say but what libraries have you setup and what folder paths did you use for those libraries?

6 hours ago, clioopen said:

PS: my "root" folder for shows is named "Shows" - would it be better to rename it TV? It might sound irrelevant but I've seen similar things oh so many times :D 

This doesn't matter, the important thing is what's underneath.

clioopen

Most likely it's with the naming convention; looking at it now, I can only assume it's the dots in file names. I'll try renaming ell the files once someone stops watching and let's see.

EDIT: The first folder "Movies" works ok, then I have twice "Shows" - it's the same folder but once I selected type as movies and second time as TV Shows. If I select movies I can see the content, if TC Shows - nope :) 

Screen.png

Edited by clioopen

• Solution

it's the same folder but once I selected type as movies and second time as TV Shows.

You can't do this. You need to remove one.

• Thanks 1