Emby asking for my password everytime i start the app on my smart tv.

wiebereu
Go to solution Solved by wiebereu,

wiebereu

Hi, 

I am new to Emby but it depends on how user friendly this app is, if ultimately i will stay on this app or go back to Plex media Server. 

Everytime i start the app on my smart tv i have to log in. It's annoying and i want to know if there is something in the setting which i have to change or that i have to pay for Emby in order to use the app on a smart tv? If the latter is the case i will say thank you and go back to Plex. Plex you can buy a Plex Pass but at least you can play your movie of choice without putting a password first. 

I also get the message that i can use the app till 9th of January. I don't know what that means. I thought that Emby has a free app and  a payd app with more features.  I feel like i'm being forced into something and i don't like that. 

mastrmind11

go into the app settings menu and choose "login as last user" or something like that.

certain features are premium, so you will have to pay to activate them.  if you pay for premiere, it's a 1 time charge and it unlocks everything on all devices.

wiebereu

@mastrmind11, Thanks! that was the solution. I figure out that the experation warning is because Emby is running on some kind of a trial version and that will expire on January 9th. I don't know what will happen then. We will see.