How to uninstall Community Package inside DSM6.2.x and install downloaded .SPK

Rp4000

DSM:  6.2.3 update 3

Model :  DS716+ ( it is 64bit architecture so i downloaded the 64bit version )link that i used to download from the download page.

i would like to know if there is a step by step instructional manual for how to uninstall  the package in Package Center Community  and manually install the .spk , the reason why is because i see there is an official update for the .spk version  but i haven't migrated over to the .spk version yet.  i also don't know what things i need to backup before i click uninstall inside package center , so that i don't have to build the entire library again.  any links or written guides would be very helpful thank you.

also what .spk version do i need to download. 

Edited by Rp4000
added more information.

FrostByte

Not aware of any instructions, but it's really simple if you already have Emby installed on your NAS.  No need to uninstall the old, it will do an update.

Delete the old repository from DSM

• Package Center -> Settings -> Package Sources

Download the appropriate spk for your model

Shutdown Emby from the dashboard (sometimes Emby doesn't fully shutdown from Package Center)

From Package Center click "Manual Install" and use the spk you downloaded earlier

Just keep clicking OK, YES, etc for all the pop-up questions

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte
1 hour ago, Rp4000 said:

also what .spk version do i need to download. 

There is a link on the download page which should explain that, but the DS716+ has an X64 processor

Thank you very much @FrostByte  , it was very easy to migrate to the new version, as long as you shut down the process then reboot, then update with the .spk.   i highly recommend this should be stuck to the top somewhere so that people can search for it easily,  because this was a very smooth transition @Luke,

• Like 1