10Gb vs 1Gb IP for Emby

wakeboarder141

wakeboarder141

My Synology 1921+ has a 10Gb card directly connected to my PC 10Gb card in addition to the normal 1Gb ports.  When accessing Emby from my desktop, will it make any difference if I use the 10Gb IP address or the 1Gb?  Will it change speed or anything of maintainting, naming, etc. on the server or will it only affect the speed when transferring files to the NAS?

Hi, those are both fast connections, so I'm guessing now, but of course you'd have to try it and find out. 

On 31/12/2020 at 21:53, wakeboarder141 said:

My Synology 1921+ has a 10Gb card directly connected to my PC 10Gb card in addition to the normal 1Gb ports.  When accessing Emby from my desktop, will it make any difference if I use the 10Gb IP address or the 1Gb?  Will it change speed or anything of maintainting, naming, etc. on the server or will it only affect the speed when transferring files to the NAS?

I doubt it would, I have a 1815+ and I LACP (Bonded) the 4 x 1Gbps ports, last year I changed my router to a Deco P9 Mesh and realised that it doesn't support LACP so had to unplug 3 of my 1Gbps ports and remove the bond so it's now running off a 1 x 1Gbps port, can't say I've noticed a difference, but then I do only tend stream 1 thing at a time and sometimes 1 thing internally and 1 thing remotely, no issues.