TVHEADEND m3u channel order in Emby

OBXMan

I have successfully added a HDHomeRun Connect to my Emby Server with Channel numbers between 1-64.  I am also adding in a m3u tuner from a remote TvHeadEnd server where I have manually added mutliple channels from my FIOS TV service via a HDHomeRun Prime.  (Couldn't get the pluggin to work).  I made each entry have the same channel number as in FIOS.  Therefore, they are all 500-700.  I have successfully incorporated the .m3u and could manually map the channels to the Emby Channel Guide.  All working terrific.

The only thing that has me confounded is the channel order.  The FIOS channels are listed first in my guide and appear to be in a rather random order.  They are followed by my locals from the HDHomerun Connect in their proper order.

I'm not an Emby/HDHomeRun/TVHeadEnd  genius.  I was only able to get the above to work by mindlessly following various YouTube's and forum posts.  Therefore I'm not really sure how TVHeadEnd is creating the m3u list nor how Emby reads it for purposes of creating the channel order.

I would just like a Guide that list all the Channels in order from low to high.

I'm thinking this should not be that difficult, but I'm not smart enough to even know where to start.

Thanks

I think I figured it out.  I added the channel number to the beginning of the channel name and it seems to then do exactly what I want. 

• Like 2

canada99
On 12/31/2020 at 7:12 PM, OBXMan said:

I think I figured it out.  I added the channel number to the beginning of the channel name and it seems to then do exactly what I want. 

On 12/31/2020 at 7:12 PM, OBXMan said:

You should familiarize yourself with the channel tags feature in tvheadend, makes your setup a whole lot nicer to use on client side. This is a great setup to use with emby IMO especially if you're using it outside of the network to share with family & friends.

live tv http://yourip:9981/channels/playlist

epg http://yourip:9981/xmltv/channels