Nvidia Shield problem

redtransfer
Go to solution Solved by jrwalte,

redtransfer

Hi guys I'm a Shield newbie. And although I love the Shield I'm having issues with audio going out of sync with video when using Emby and Netflix when I pause a tv show or movies. 😊

I've 1GB speed with Ethernet from my router. I've taken all updates from Nvidia. And it's plugged into my older Sharp LCD 1080p TV with HDMI. And there's a sound bar connectted to my tv via optical cable. 

Is there any way to fix this problem without selling the Shield?  As Emby is our family's  favorite app followed by Netflix. 

• Solution
jrwalte

I'd say it is less a Shield problem and more likely your TV, which is getting the video/audio out of sync when you pause and resume.  I run Shield --> receiver --> TV and never have sync issues. However, on another TV that uses a sound bar (using the TV apps) I can get audio out of sync.

Does your soundbar support HDMI? Might work better to run Shield to it then to TV. Or get a HDMI/SPDIF splitter to put between your Shield and TV to send audio directly to soundbar and bypass the TV.

Mike-G

I use Shield -> Receiver -> TV.  Most of the time, with Emby or other clients, I find that audio and video stay in sync.  Every once in a while, I find that when I Fast-Forward with Emby, audio and video will get out of sync.  A single "backward" in Emby (as @Ruato suggested) gets things re-sync'd and they stay sync'd after that.

redtransfer

Thank you guys very much for the help. Yes night and  thankfully before all my vodkas I used step ladder and found a HDMI in & out on sound bar. It seems to have fixed the audio sync issue..... I think but I was pretty drunk. LoL

But seriously sorry I did not even know that sound bar had HDMI options until I Googled the manual. I was ready to sell the Shield or go buy a AV receiver. Now it's Shield>SB>>TV and smooth syncing audio. 

Thanks again now the only problem is Mrs complaining it's tooooo loud in the family room...... Any fixes for that? 😊

Edited by redtransfer

jrwalte
1 hour ago, redtransfer said:

Thanks again now the only problem is Mrs complaining it's tooooo loud in the family room...... Any fixes for that? 😊

Only solution I found was remove the Mrs. hah (Though seriously, this is why you strive for a basement or bonus room you can call yours and she keeps her opinions out).

Edited by jrwalte
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1