Anyone having no audio all of a sudden in ET?

infinitereality

infinitereality

Last night went to watch a movie and no audio.  Tried another movie, no audio.  Tried a movie I watched Sunday and now no audio.  I haven't changed any settings, no reboot since Sunday, etc.  I checked out some TV series and they play fine though.

I can open the video in windows media player and audio works fine on all the movies.   I believe it to be a codec issue so downloaded latest Shark007 and installed it, but no luck.  Rebooted computer a few times, etc.  I haven't done a system restore yet, but that may be an option. 

Any ideas? I'm at a loss for why this all of sudden happened?  Any help is much appreciated!

infinitereality
2 minutes ago, sooty234 said:

Disable audio passthrough, and try again.

I'll give that a shot tonight.  Is this in ET settings or Shark007?

sooty234
1 hour ago, infinitereality said:

I'll give that a shot tonight.  Is this in ET settings or Shark007?

External codecs like Shark have no effect and aren't used. The player in Theater is self contained.

infinitereality

I'll be dang, I'm still thinking like I'm using Win7 and OG Emby/MB.  Great to hear and makes sense why audio works on WMP and not ET.

I'll make the change this evening and bet all will be good.  I'll report back either way, thank you!

infinitereality

Just loaded up ET, tested again and it works fine today!

I didn't do anything to it yet, not even a reboot, just opened the program and worked.  Makes it even more weird but back in business!

After the movie I'll go and double check the pass through in ET to make sure all is good.

Thanks for the help again, after a decade of MB/emby, still love it and wouldn't change for anything!

11 minutes ago, infinitereality said:

Just loaded up ET, tested again and it works fine today!

I didn't do anything to it yet, not even a reboot, just opened the program and worked.  Makes it even more weird but back in business!

After the movie I'll go and double check the pass through in ET to make sure all is good.

Thanks for the help again, after a decade of MB/emby, still love it and wouldn't change for anything!

Thanks for the feedback !