Movie list not tiled

johnsonb

johnsonb

Hello. I set up collections on my spare PC and the display of movies was a nice and neat tiled display. I looked at it on our family TV and the movies are displayed in a long horizontal line. I am using the same Emby account so would not any display settings follow me? What am I missing, it's driving me nuts. The tiled screen looks so good.

thanks

Edited by johnsonb
mixed it up

We generally only display them horizontally on the home screen. Have you tried clicking on your movies library? Once you go into the library you should see them vertically.

johnsonb

Horizontal on the home screen is fine (Continue watching, Latest movies). If I go into movies the list is vertical. The list of collections is vertical. Any group under collections I get them in a horizontal line on my TV client (4.04, it shows no updates available), vertical on my PC. On a PC I get them vertically titled. Same user account. I tried the Display settings options, it was no help.

thanks

johnsonb

Hi. The titles in all my Collections are titled vertically perfectly on my PC. Its just when I use either a tv with Roku built-in or a Roku box the list of titles is horizontal. The one thing in common with both is they are v4.04 with no update available. 

thanks, Bj

johnsonb

I added the beta channel, and it's a work of art, the listing looks so much better!

I'll let you know if anything comes up.

Thanks.

Bj

Edited by johnsonb
wrong info (me)

johnsonb
38 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  The beta version of the Roku app will show collection items in a vertical grid.

The beta channel showed up right away on the Roku box. It does not show up on my Roku tv. I did a system update however with no luck. I understand it will not show channels that my system does not meet hardware requirements. I cannot see the beta version as being radically different in that respect. I'll check again later today.

thanks, Bj

johnsonb

Hi. Still no luck on the tv Roku. I fear now once it is out of beta I will lose Emby totally. Can you spin this out to a new topic, please.

thanks

johnsonb
15 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  The beta version of the Roku app will show collection items in a vertical grid.

The Roku box runs Roku SG 4.0.14 and the Roku TV is Roku 4.0.4. If a channel is incompatible with my OS version the channel does not appear on  my list. I have no idea of the politics involved however when it is out of beta, and you leave the Emby verions now and just add the new one as a separate channel. Sort of Emby Classic.

I was thinking of useing Roku DLNA browser however even with DLNA active I cannot see it.

thanks, Bj

20 hours ago, johnsonb said:

Hi. Still no luck on the tv Roku. I fear now once it is out of beta I will lose Emby totally. Can you spin this out to a new topic, please.

thanks

Why? I thought you were happy with the changes?

johnsonb
11 hours ago, Luke said:

Why? I thought you were happy with the changes?

I love the changes to movie listing, it looks great. Emby Beta only works on my standalone Roku box. On my new Roku TV I cannot see Emby Beta. As I understand it if your hardware is not compatible with the channel it will not list it as a channel you can add. My fear is that when it is out of beta I will no longer be able to use Emby on my Roku TV.

Bj