No Media Plays on Apple TV4K

topito

Hello !! I'm newbie, I just installed server 2 days ago on my Wetek 2, with Android 6

I was able to play content on my iPhone via iOS App (2.02) (1 minute testing)

I am NOT able to play content on my Apple TV via Emby APP (ver 1.5). I tried several movies in several formats. None. Nada.

Funny thing I am able to play ALL content via VLC APP (3.012) connecting UPNP Emby Server.

About server First I tried normal 4.5.4 version , later I tried the Beta, Version 4.6.0.10 beta, which is I reporting and having same problem.

Attached is the server Log. If you need more info. Please let  me know. Also a log from iOS App so you can compare.

Cheers from Madrid. Spain

PD: About this line 2020-12-29 18:17:27.968 Info Server... I played a movie from my iPhone (1minute test)  just you can see it at the log. 

ffmpeg-transcode-218cc370-7248-4c83-856d-5cdb0ef8b237_1.txt

embyserver.txt

vdatanet

The problem is not on the Apple TV, it's on the server:

CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE: library "libembymc.so" not found

Enable MPV player on Apple TV app, remember to restart the app. It supports direct playback for more formats (like the iPhone) but something is wrong on the server anyway.

Heyyyy, many thanks for the advice.  (gracias majo !! :D No entiendo porque desde la app de VLC no tengo ningún problema usando el servidor de emby, pero con la app de emby si... :D ) continuo en inglés. VLC app plays without any issue...

THANK YOU, I enabled MPV,  it is PLAYING now video but on several films or tv shows I have NO Audio.

App can't change language or subtitles, the options appears inactive (greyed) in ALL files I tried.  (ISOs, MKV, ..)

App in some titles pops this message and no play "No tienes disponible ninguna calidad por ahora. Inténtalo más tarde...". I do not know what is referring the app.

For example this file output no audio: 
Alien Covenant [4K UHD 2160p][HEVC X265][DTS-5.1 Castellano DTS-7.1-Ingles+Subs][ES-EN]/Alien Covenant 4K2160.www.newpct1.com.mkv

This file output audio, in spanish
Atomica [Remux][4K UHD 2160p][HDR][AC3 5.1 Castellano DTS 5.1-Ingles+Subs][ES-EN]/Atomica 4K2160.www.newpct1.com.mkv

BTW, I saw warning and not finding libembymc.so library, but it happened with both installed versions  of the server. I read several threads from people lacking this library in android systems

vdatanet

Due to the lack of that library, the processes that involve using ffmpeg do not work. It will only work if direct playback is possible, for example if DTS audio needs to be converted, then it will not work.

18 hours ago, vdatanet said:

Due to the lack of that library, the processes that involve using ffmpeg do not work. It will only work if direct playback is possible, for example if DTS audio needs to be converted, then it will not work.

Hi, due the problem appears to be lacking this library (libembymc.so), do you know if it missing from the installation? or it is a library from Android 6.? 
As I mention before I installed 2 times the server and always missing this library... so ... que follón! :D 

Can I install it manually? Thanks 

vdatanet

I have no idea, I just know that it is a fairly common problem with the Android server. Perhaps it is because your Android version is 6. This should be looked at by the developers.

33 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

I have no idea, I just know that it is a fairly common problem with the Android server. Perhaps it is because your Android version is 6. This should be looked at by the developers.

OK Thanks for your support. Muchas gracias !!!.
Hope developers take a look at it. 

Meanwhile I'll use VLC app. It has no problem with audio (DTS etc) or video.

vdatanet
1 minute ago, topito said:

OK Thanks for your support. Muchas gracias !!!.
Hope developers take a look at it. 

Meanwhile I'll use VLC app. It has no problem with audio (DTS etc) or video.

Yes, because always it's direct playing.

RanmaCanada

Your Wetek 2 comes with an S905 Amilogic chip.  It's extremely underpowered and is not a great idea to be using it as a server, especially if you are trying to feed a media unfriendly Apple TV.  I would strongly recommend you replace your Wetek 2 with a Larkbox or even a refurbished PC.

• Like 1