Emby is very hard to use on Android TV

requa3r0

requa3r0

I just installed EMBY on a Beelink GT-King Amlogic S922X to test the preformande etc.

The idea was to replace the emby TV app which is horrible.

It turned out that EMBY is very hard to actually use on android TV.

When moving the highlight field e.g between movies etc. ...with arrows or remote...its impossible to see what is highlighted.

The marking is none existing!

The selection is not properly framed / highlighted and you simply just don't know where you are!

The only option is to use a muse / 3D remote pointer (which is very sketchy)...to select an item.

I never use a mouse for TV apps. The hole point with a TV media Center, is NOT to use a mouse but to use the remote. Either with CEC or the remote that comes with the box

(Not all have 6 axis mouse build in)

This renders the entire software useless, because you can not preform the simple task of navigation around ;O/

I have been running an Emby server with premiere for a few years now, but still reverts to KODI on all platforms except my phone/tablet because EMBY can not be used properly.

Navigation does not work as it should, subtitles are still a complete mess without any control.

This is pretty sad.

Emby is pretty cool, and beats plex for a server/client solution many times.

But just never make the cut to actually replace KODI anywhere with a TV invoved.

KODI works perfectly on the box, and will replace the emby tv app.

Requaero

Edited by requa3r0

requa3r0

I dont know what you precisly mean with not pure Android TV box.

Is it the android skin that is being run by the Beelink GT-King Amlogic S922X?

I did not know you had to set any visualization mode. Ill investigate this. Thanks.

vdatanet
3 minutes ago, requa3r0 said:

I dont know what you precisly mean with not pure Android TV box.

That device runs Android Mobile with a custom launcher. Android TV is a different OS:

Differences between Android TV and pure Android (linkedin.com)

3 minutes ago, requa3r0 said:

I did not know you had to set any visualization mode. Ill investigate this. Thanks.

You can change that setting here:

1043573450_Capturadepantalla2020-12-29125727.thumb.jpg.ee19348b139b0f4d202959c289dfbf5a.jpg

• Like 2

It sounds to me like you were already running the mobile app and just need to switch it to TV mode.

The Android TV app would have none of the focus issues you described.

clarkss12

If you really want the best out of that powerful device, just use an inexpensive microSD card and install CoreELEC.  CoreELEC will play everything that you throw at it............

Install the Emby for Kodi addon (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/90781-embyforkodi-500-preview/  and then use the Embruary skin, this is the ultimate media player..

• Like 2

ecrispy

Your Beeelink box can CoreElec which is much better than Android when it comes to playback. If you search for 'GT King corelec' you will find many guides/youtube videos.

Once you are running it, get Embuary skin + Embycon (which is easier to use than Emby addon) and you will have a great experience IMO.

• Like 1