Cannot change to external player

flyoverfred

flyoverfred

Hi guys

I'm using Emby for Android TV on my Nvdia Shield and despite ticking the "use external player for videos" in the playback section I get no option to select a player at any stage. I have VLC and MX installed so that isn't the issue so everything just plays with the internal player (I need something with a built in EQ)

Any clue as to why this is happening ?

Thanks

Hi.  The app just tells the Android system to play a particular item and it takes care of presenting you with the apps that can play it.  So, this would mean that no apps on your system are registered for the particular type of item you are trying to play.  What, exactly, is that?

flyoverfred
1 minute ago, ebr said:

Hi.  The app just tells the Android system to play a particular item and it takes care of presenting you with the apps that can play it.  So, this would mean that no apps on your system are registered for the particular type of item you are trying to play.  What, exactly, is that?

Hi, thanks for the quick response !!!

It's just various films, VLC and MX work with my plex player so not sure I'm understanding what you mean by "no apps on your system are registered for the particular type of item" ?

flyoverfred

Hi

There is no error coming up so I don't see the relevance in sending any sort of log tbh. All I can say is despite having VLC and MX installed on my shield and them working on my plex server among others they just don't appear in Emby when I play anything🤷‍♂️

24 minutes ago, flyoverfred said:

Hi

There is no error coming up so I don't see the relevance in sending any sort of log tbh. All I can say is despite having VLC and MX installed on my shield and them working on my plex server among others they just don't appear in Emby when I play anything🤷‍♂️

Hi there, we're happy to work with you to help you resolve this, but this is the process that we use to diagnose and get to the bottom of things.

Hi.  Yes, the app log will tell me exactly what we are asking the system to play.  We don't produce this list.  It comes from Android.  When you see it you are actually no longer in our app.