Emby app doesn't close on Xbox one

rjwill10

rjwill10

Hi,

I'm using emby premium on the Xbox. Everything plays and works as expected, but the app doesn't close?

If I press back, it just takes me back through the sign in pages and the app refused to close.

To get back to the Xbox one dashboard, I have to restart the Xbox. At first I thought it was a one off, but it happens every time.

I'm I missing something?

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi, we'll take a look at this. Thanks for reporting. Have you tried the home button on the controller or remote?

rjwill10
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, we'll take a look at this. Thanks for reporting. Have you tried the home button on the controller or remote?

Thanks,

I just tried the home button, that works. I was holding it down instead of pressing it once. I also tried the menu button beside the X, but that did nothing.

The B button doesn't work at all though.

Thanks for replying so quickly.

techywarrior

I tried this and had the same issue. Unfortunately unlike rjwill there was no way to get out of the app.

Pressing the home button would show an overlay but the xbox guide doesn't display on the left side of the screen and up/down/etc. controls still are focused in Emby. Doing a long press of the home button to at least try power off the xbox displays the menu but focus is still inside Emby so you can't press Turn Off. The only way to exit the app was to hard restart the Xbox. Even using the remote control app to turn off the Xbox didn't work (it would "turn off" but fail to actually shut down and eventually do a hard reset itself).

If you didn't see this behaviour in testing the one difference may be that I paused/played a few times and the OSD may have gotten focus.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
ryderjj89

I also have this issue. In fact, I'm dealing with it as I write this. I can't close the app. The only thing I can do is a hard restart of the Xbox by holding in the power button until it goes off. I would really rather not keep doing this. Focus stays on Emby no matter what. This only happens with Emby, no other apps.

On 3/4/2021 at 8:05 PM, ryderjj89 said:

I also have this issue. In fact, I'm dealing with it as I write this. I can't close the app. The only thing I can do is a hard restart of the Xbox by holding in the power button until it goes off. I would really rather not keep doing this. Focus stays on Emby no matter what. This only happens with Emby, no other apps.

Hi, we'll take another look at it. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
ryderjj89
On 3/11/2021 at 12:53 PM, Luke said:

Hi, we'll take another look at it. Thanks.

Awesome, thank you. Any luck on this? I hate having to use a Roku because there's issues with the Samsung TV app and this issue with the Xbox app, I'm stuck lol.

On 3/28/2021 at 11:19 PM, ryderjj89 said:

Awesome, thank you. Any luck on this? I hate having to use a Roku because there's issues with the Samsung TV app and this issue with the Xbox app, I'm stuck lol.

Hi, not yet, we're still looking into it. Workaround in the meantime is to use the home button on the xbox controller.

ryderjj89
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, not yet, we're still looking into it. Workaround in the meantime is to use the home button on the xbox controller.

Sorry bud. That doesn't work on Xbox. When the app glitches out, you can't get back to home. You can't get to anything. The only option is to force restart the Xbox by holding in the power button or unplugging it.

• 1 month later...
ryderjj89

With the new Emby Server update, going to do more testing on my Xbox Series X (I've upgraded since I originally made this post) to see if there's any issues. I'm also not on an Xbox Insider build anymore either which I was before at the time but didn't think that could possibly cause issues.

I will report back in hopefully a week or so regardless of whether it happens again, sooner if it does.

• Like 1

Please do follow up and let us know how you make out!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
ryderjj89

Welp, posting my update. I have not had any issues with Emby Theater on my Xbox Series X. Everything has been running smoothly. Have not had to force restart the Xbox or anything. Been on the latest version of Emby, which is 4.6.2 right now.

nikon112

Having this same issue randomly. Xbox Series S, Emby Server version 4.6.2. Home button does not bring up the xbox guide overlay, and a long press brings up the xbox power menu but the controls are captured by the Emby Theatre app, and I cannot select the shutdown or restart options. Only thing that works is physically pressing the the power button on the console, which initiates shutdown, but takes longer than usual.

12 hours ago, nikon112 said:

Having this same issue randomly. Xbox Series S, Emby Server version 4.6.2. Home button does not bring up the xbox guide overlay, and a long press brings up the xbox power menu but the controls are captured by the Emby Theatre app, and I cannot select the shutdown or restart options. Only thing that works is physically pressing the the power button on the console, which initiates shutdown, but takes longer than usual.

Hi, we'll take a look. Thanks for reporting.