Access search and user settings?

jglazer63

jglazer63

I can see the magnifying glass and my username in the top right corner of my screen but no amount of cursor movement can get me up there to enter/change anything.  What am I missing?

Thanks!

Dickydodah!

The settings are found by using the "back" key on the Samsung remote. This will also allow you to exit the app if you wish. If you hold down the back key then you will exit the app immediately.

I've not found how to use the search function yet though.

Dickydodah!

I have played around and discovered that there is a bug. If you use the direction key/wheel on the remote you should be able to move up to the top of the screen where you see Home and Favourites. As you move across the screen to the right the focus will change from home to Favourites and the text will change colour however if you move right once more the focus is on the search but it does not highlight. Just press select and you will be on the search page. If you has presses right twice then select you will be on the settings page. I am using 1.0.86 which is not the latest so I will update and report a bug if it still happens.

Dickydodah!

I can confirm that version 1.0.87 fixes this. You will probably have to load this via USB. I have two Samsungs but one of them won't upgrade so I need to identify why.

Dickydodah!

It seems that the latest is 1.0.88 but 1.0.87 does seem to wok on my series 5 but it won't update to 1.0.88. My  series 6 has updated.

Edited by Dickydodah!