Playing "Cinema Intro" Trailers crashes Kodi

AllesMeins

AllesMeins

I recently gifted myself an Emby Premiere subscription and was eager to try out the Cinema Intro functionality. Unfortunately in about four out of five times I can't watch any trailers because Kodi crashes before the first trailer plays.

I'm running Kodi 18.9 on an Rasperry Pi with LibreElec and connect to Emby via EmbyCon. Everything else plays fine, only while playing the trailers Kodi crashes most of the times. I've added the logfiles from my most recent crash. Is there anything I can do?

kodi.old.log kodi_crash.log

quickmic

Please try 5.x, from here IF YOU HAVE A FULL (Kodi) BACKUP!

Edited by quickmic

AllesMeins

Yes this seems to work! Tried several different movies and had no issue. Will this fix also come to EmbyCon? I would also consider to switch back to EmbyForKodi but there were some issues in earlier versions that prompted me to switch (support of ordered playlists was one, if I remember correctly). I couldn't test if they're fixed because playlists seem not to be working in the preview-build. I wasn't able to access any of my Emby-Playlists. The addon dies show a list of my playlists but when I select one it just loads indefinitly.

EDIT:
Turns out playlists are working, but take a very long time to load (it took about 5 minutes to load my "Arrowverse"-Playlist with 360 items). And there seems to be no caching, so the second time I tried to access it took a similar time

Edited by AllesMeins

AllesMeins

Since you posted about the same time I did my edit: Turns out playlists are working in e4k, but take a very long time to load.

• Like 1

AllesMeins

Most times I can't really say because Kodi crashes before even starting the playback. Twice I managed to get a glimpse of what it wanted to play - both were different remote trailers. And since it happens almost everytime and with movies from different Genres I'd guess that it is different trailers that cause the crash...

From the logs I only have an URL like http://192.168.1.102:8096/emby/videos/62018/stream.mov?DeviceId=XXXXX&MediaSourceId=YYYYY&Static=true&PlaySessionId=ZZZZZ&api_key=00000 - if there is a way to figure out to what trailer this points I might be able to give you some more examples if this would help solving the issue.