This Emby server needs to be updated

pjshots
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Great!!

Thanks for the info and help.

I've put the app back to 3.3.46 and turned auto updates off and it's working again 🙂.

Looks like I'm stuck on these versions for the forseeable future😪

GrimReaper
31 minutes ago, kmed27 said:

Looks like I'm stuck on these versions for the forseeable future😪

Which platform your server runs under?

I don't want to lose the next-up thumnails and info.

It is really useful as I have said before for instance tonight I went to watch the next episode and realised I had seen it from the thumnail but it hadn't marked has played (as there were a lot of credits on the end so it wasn't within the limits I set) so I just clicked on the next thumbnail to watch it then marked the previous as played afterwards.

It's just great to be able to what's coming up, whether your near the end of season etc.

If you look at the  Original Post you can see other reasons, you did say in that post that you could put an option in to display them again, which I thought you had in 4.8 as @ryembyan said at the end of the post.

But @GrimReaper says that it isn't in 4.8.  He also says "Ah, Next Up row. Yes, I remember now, I was irked at the time (and still am) by it's removal."

So, I am waiting and hopeing.

If you look at the original post that I put a link to you can see the problem.

Basically when you go into a series, you get a list of thumbnails with SxxExx and title across the screen.

At the top you can select play next up or click on one of the thumnails to select and go into the episode.

The changes you made only allow you to play (as in the next episode) if you want to select a different episode you have to go into the season and then scroll down the list to select the episode you want. Which is a lot of effort.

The way it is for me, I see all the next episode across the screen and just click on the one I want.

Far less screens and easier to select.

OK right. Different things are important to different people I guess, but I'm surprised that one thing alone would hold you back from updating.

Please note, the next episode title is still displayed on the series screen.

Also in the 4.8 server there is an option to display all the episodes right on the series screen, and that auto-scrolls to the next episode so that's basically the same thing as before but with a different title.

Sorry,

but currently, you've made a very simple elegant operation into a task.

If there are more than 7-10 seasons, it's even more complicated as you have to scroll the seasons across before you can select the current one to be able to scroll down 20+ episodes to get to the one you want.

I haven't seen 4.8 yet, that's what I was originally waiting for but was told earlier in the post that it wasn't in it?

If I can click on the next episode or the one that follows that then that would indeed be ok.

I did ask if I would be able to try 4.8 but was told that I wouldn't be able to downgrade afterwards.

Are there any screen shots of what the 4.8 with the option on looks like?

Thanks for all your patience.

GrimReaper
41 minutes ago, kmed27 said:

If I can click on the next episode or the one that follows that then that would indeed be ok.

23 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

the flattened season display will somewhat auto-scroll to last played/next unplayed episode, so you'll get very similar/almost identical result, as stated

CBers

Doesn't setting the "Preferred TV show display" option to "Show all episodes of all seasons together" do what @kmed27wants?

image.png.d9aaa6030e2c32dfcd623028e884851b.png

Like this?

image.thumb.png.bc2ed74d185e8078679e6fe9e1315ba3.png

This is running beta 4.8.0.63.

Edited by CBers

GrimReaper

I'm trying to explain that since yesterday. Including same screenshots on the previous page. 

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Like 1

Thanks,

That looks good but @Luke said it scrolled to the first un-played one whereas your view shows all the ones that have already been played. Is there another option for this?

When will 4.8 be ready?

7 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

I'm trying to explain that since yesterday. Including same screenshots on the previous page. 

Sorry, it's the auto-scroll that i'd be interested in.

CBers
16 minutes ago, kmed27 said:

Thanks,

That looks good but @Luke said it scrolled to the first un-played one whereas your view shows all the ones that have already been played. Is there another option for this?

When will 4.8 be ready?

12 minutes ago, kmed27 said:

Sorry, it's the auto-scroll that i'd be interested in.

It does sort of.

Here are three different shows, two with multiple seasons, one with one season.

One Season show:

image.thumb.png.922c3dabeb8290b4bfdeab2d3573c91e.png

Show with multiple seasons:

image.thumb.png.f85a360bca148ea7d3ce71bd92b522ea.png

Another show with multiple seasons:

image.thumb.png.e61c7ca744fca34655321219e54cd666.png

So it does appear to jump to the next un-played episode.

Hope this helps.

Edited by CBers

Thanks everyone, that's great.

It looks like this basically does what mine does at the moment.

Does anyone know when 4.8 will be released or should I just go with the beta?

CBers
10 minutes ago, kmed27 said:

Does anyone know when 4.8 will be released or should I just go with the beta?

How long is a piece of string? 

Luke mentioned early December, but nothing as yet. 

As @GrimReapermentioned previously, if you have a Windows computer, you could install the portable version of the server and point it at your TV library and see if it is what you want.

Or, install beta. 

It's your decision. 

Edited by CBers

pwhodges
1 hour ago, kmed27 said:

That looks good but @Luke said it scrolled to the first un-played one whereas your view shows all the ones that have already been played.

When a show has been watched completely, there is no longer any unwatched episode - so the display reverts to displaying from the start.

Paul