What are the magic words?

Tolerant

Tolerant

I just added .. Emby to a 4k Fire Stick on my "stupid (smart)" Samsung TV. The TV itself was "Smart" but SO low, could not handle Emby, eventually did not play Subs.. had audio issues, etc.  Small purchase of a 2018 Fire TV Stick.. and OMG.. what a difference.  

The ads and commercials all show people "talking" to their Fire Stick, like it can just "find free movies" .. or do whatever you say. But I cannot find the "magic words" to really and truely interact with EMBY on it.  

Does anyone have tips, suggestions, helpful hints.. or should I just stick to the round circle directional button and skip voice on Fire Stick 4k and EMBY? 

Thanks

Gilgamesh_48
5 hours ago, Tolerant said:

I just added .. Emby to a 4k Fire Stick on my "stupid (smart)" Samsung TV. The TV itself was "Smart" but SO low, could not handle Emby, eventually did not play Subs.. had audio issues, etc.  Small purchase of a 2018 Fire TV Stick.. and OMG.. what a difference.  

The ads and commercials all show people "talking" to their Fire Stick, like it can just "find free movies" .. or do whatever you say. But I cannot find the "magic words" to really and truely interact with EMBY on it.  

Does anyone have tips, suggestions, helpful hints.. or should I just stick to the round circle directional button and skip voice on Fire Stick 4k and EMBY? 

Thanks

The 4K stick has Alexa built in. take a look at:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202174250
https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/11/19/alexa-routines-now-let-you-include-fire-tv-commands-as-well/
https://mashtips.com/use-alexa-voice-remote-fire-tv-fire-stick/
and you can search for; "Alexa commands for fire stick" and get a LOT more info. 
On the Fire TV remote you must press and hold the microphone button while issuing a command and only release it when you are done with the full command.

FWIW I have found that using voice commands for controlling playback etc. is problematic at best and I almost never use Alexa for that. I do start my various activities on my Harmony remote using Alexa and I make extensive use of Alexa routines for home control but I just do not much use Alexa for controlling any of my TV devices.

Alexa is great for my use but it just fails, for me, in the attempt to control playback or finding stuff to play.

There is also an actual Emby Alexa skill but I can neither recommend or condemn it. If I were to want to use voice commands for control Emby I think I would use the Harmony skill rather than the Fire's built in functionality or the Emby skill.

I hope the helps at least a bit.