Emby for Karaoke System

flakie

I have a synology NAS (Celeron processor and 8GB RAM) that I want to use for a Karaoke system.

I am after some advice for the best way to set this up for optimal performance.

Emby will be used just for the playing of the karaoke tracks.

The playback will be done on a firestick 4K connected to a large screen TV.

The NAS and Firestick will be connected with ethernet (no wireless)

I have a separate amp and wireless microphones for the voice side.

It will have over 10,000 mp4 karaoke tracks (various sizes from 8MB to 60MB).

There will be an idividual user account that has access just to the karaoke files.

I want it so the tracks are never marked as played.

Eventually I will create an android app for song selection, especially if this is too many files for Emby to browse quickly. Then use Emby to open the specific file.

What would be the best way to setup the libraries for optimal perfromance?

Any other advice.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Edited by flakie

Hi, I would just setup a music library and point it to your music folders and you should be good to go. There won't be any problem browsing large numbers of tracks. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

Thanks Luke. All working well but I went with mixed content in the end as I want as few options as possible to keep it simple..

I just want all the tracks in one place with an option to search and add to favourites and this works great too.

Only issue is all the favourites end up on one line with the Firestick Emby version. There is no otion to show all.

Is there anyway I can  make it so the list is not horizontally scrollable, but vertically?

Preferably as the default view?

Also, it would be nice if the screen grabber could be configurable to grab at certain point in the track.

Slowly manually going through all the ones where it grabbed a blank screen.

Cheers :)

Update: I found if I use the Favourites Heart Icon instead of the Favourites top menu item then the favourites list is presented horizontally. This is a good workaround :)

I have also found the ImageGrab app. This makes quicker work of creating new posters. It is scribtable so I just have to figure that out and should get them all done in a few batches (if I ever figure it out).

Edited by flakie

Hi, where are you referring to? We generally only use horizontal scrolling on the home screen, so just click into your library and then you should be able to scroll vertically.