RPI3 Processing Updates

Guest worthington_j

Guest worthington_j

I have 3 RPI3 running libreelec and emby for kodi sync. I frequently see "Processing Updates" stuck at the top of the screen. The message is random but occurs frequently.  The message does not occur on all 3 devices at the same time.  I can reboot the device and the message goes away and everything appears to be in sync.  I have dealt with this issue for a year or two.  I have 1 RPI4 with the same libreelec and emby for kodi sync setup.  I have noticed that I never see the processing updates message on my RPI4, it only occurs with my RPI3s.  Has anybody else ran across this issue?  If so, have you found a fix?  I've tried repairing the DBs, removing the DBs, and even rebuilding the RPI3 from scratch but message always comes back with time.

Example:

My wife had been watching a TV Show on the RPI3 and it currently shows processing updates: (The show and episode she was watching): Emby for Kodi - 75% at the top of the screen.  In the episode list it shows the episode as unwatched however when I look at Emby from the server browser is shows the episode as watched. When I reboot the RPI3 the processing updates starts and completes.  I go back to the episode that was previously showing unwatched and its now marked as watched.

TobyTentakel

Sync progress still going on with latest build, now 70+ hours (3 days). But it hasn't crashed or stalled yet. I know I will most likely have to do a full sync again anyway for the next build, so this report is not so useful😜

quickmic

@worthington_j

Yes, I've seen that but not very often.

My observation is e.g, if multiple tvshows/movies are in the Kodi-playlist (autoplay next enabled in Kodi) and you browse via "play next" threw the playlist and watch one episode 50% and stop playing:

This triggers the update process and could take longer due to multiple items in the sync queue. If you start watching another movie or show, while sync is not finished, it could cause the "freeze" issue.

I keep an eye on that, but I need a specific test case to solve the issue.

btw, the actual sync seems to be completed, but the progress spinner is not updated any longer/not closed.

Edited by quickmic

Guest worthington_j

Yes, I would agree that it has updated the Emby DB on the server, but it hasn't updated the local Kodi DB on the RPI3 until after the reboot.  I also believe it has something to do with resourcing on the RPI3 because I never see the issue on the RPI4.  It's almost as if the RPI3 is going into a sleep mode.

Edited by worthington_j