Theater wont play anything

LiquidFX

sooty234

This is the part that isn't happening when you have a problem.

[   0.684][v][af] [in] 48000Hz stereo 2ch floatp
[   0.684][v][af] [userspeed] 48000Hz stereo 2ch floatp
[   0.684][v][af] [convert] 48000Hz stereo 2ch floatp
[   0.684][v][ao] Trying audio driver 'wasapi'
[   0.684][v][ao/wasapi] requested format: 48000 Hz, stereo channels, floatp
[   0.684][d][ao/wasapi] Init wasapi
[   0.684][d][ao/wasapi] Find device ''
[   0.684][v][libmpv_render] Dither to 8.
[   0.688][v][ao/wasapi] No device specified. Selecting default.
[   0.693][v][ao/wasapi] Selecting device '{dc97c04a-35c6-43b1-a30e-b822905575c7}' (Casque ([Samsung] Soundbar J-Series Stereo))
[   0.693][v][ao/wasapi] Monitoring changes in device {0.0.0.00000000}.{dc97c04a-35c6-43b1-a30e-b822905575c7}
[   0.700][d][mkv] stream 0: resize index to 512
[   0.700][d][mkv] stream 1: resize index to 512
[   0.702][d][ao/wasapi] Init wasapi thread
[   0.702][d][ao/wasapi] Activating pAudioClient interface
[   0.702][d][ao/wasapi] Probing formats
[   0.704][v][ao/wasapi] Trying stereo float (32/32 bits) @ 48000hz (shared) -> ok
[   0.704][v][ao/wasapi] Closest match is stereo float (32/32 bits) @ 44100hz
[   0.704][v][ao/wasapi] Accepted as stereo float @ 44100hz -> stereo float (32/32 bits) @ 44100hz (shared)
[   0.704][d][ao/wasapi] Fixing format
[   0.704][d][ao/wasapi] IAudioClient::GetDevicePeriod
[   0.704][v][ao/wasapi] Device period: 10 ms
[   0.704][d][ao/wasapi] IAudioClient::Initialize
[   0.711][d][ao/wasapi] IAudioClient::Initialize pRenderClient
[   0.712][d][ao/wasapi] IAudioClient::Initialize IAudioClient_SetEventHandle
[   0.712][d][ao/wasapi] IAudioClient::Initialize IAudioClient_GetBufferSize
[   0.712][v][ao/wasapi] Buffer frame count: 2205 (50 ms)
[   0.712][v][ao/wasapi] IAudioClock::GetFrequency gave a frequency of 352800.
[   0.716][d][ao/wasapi] IAudioClient::Initialize pAudioVolume
[   0.716][d][ao/wasapi] Entering dispatch loop
[   0.716][d][ao/wasapi] Init wasapi done
[   0.716][v][ao/wasapi] device buffer: 2205 samples.
[   0.716][v][ao/wasapi] using soft-buffer of 8820 samples.
[   0.716][i][cplayer] AO: [wasapi] 44100Hz stereo 2ch float
[   0.716][v][cplayer] AO: Description: Windows WASAPI audio output (event mode)

Both logs fail to bitstream, but in falling back, the above doesn't happen.

Edited by sooty234

sooty234
29 minutes ago, crazybbs said:

new logs too try exclusive mode with 2020-03-20 dll weird but it works

Portable mpv log.txt 42.18 kB · 2 downloads

The commits from that time that might be involved are these.

https://git.srsfckn.biz/mpv/commit/?id=609d0ef478340207be3ed880aa3f56c3bbce1803

https://git.srsfckn.biz/mpv/commit/?id=3aad89829f832091d483589fd578f6ab5b8ba685

But I can't reproduce.

sooty234
49 minutes ago, Luke said:

I'm not so sure. The issue he's reporting is that playback is just paused on startup. I already stated in that report that I have only seen that happen with a change to the audio buffer. But it does play when you skip forward. I suppose it could be the same, and electron is also affecting it? Also, he's forcing a contradiction. Applying SPDIF without using SPDIF. These guys are using SPDIF. With it present, and no audio amendments, it should play correctly. Are you applying any extra audio handling outside of the defaults? The easy test would be to disable audio passthrough, and see what happens. And maybe also test specifying the audio device. That's what I do. Maybe that's why it works for me?

sooty234

I've just tried every configuration. I can't reproduce this. Everything plays, every time. I didn't test disconnecting the AVR, because that doesn't make any sense. 

If you guys disable audio passthrough, what happens?

sooty234
On 12/27/2020 at 3:40 AM, Ben0074 said:

I found the cause, the problem comes from the audio for me and more precisely from the passthrough.

On Theater 3.0.13, if I disable the passthrough, then the videos will play without any problem.

To verify this, I downloaded Theater 3.0.11 with passthrough configuration and I don't have the problem.

Note: this happens when my audio output is in SPDIF, if I output with HDMI then it works.

Is everyone with this issue using an optical connection?

2 hours ago, sooty234 said:

I'm not so sure. The issue he's reporting is that playback is just paused on startup. I already stated in that report that I have only seen that happen with a change to the audio buffer. But it does play when you skip forward. I suppose it could be the same, and electron is also affecting it? Also, he's forcing a contradiction. Applying SPDIF without using SPDIF. These guys are using SPDIF. With it present, and no audio amendments, it should play correctly. Are you applying any extra audio handling outside of the defaults? The easy test would be to disable audio passthrough, and see what happens. And maybe also test specifying the audio device. That's what I do. Maybe that's why it works for me?

Yea one user already discovered disabling spdif resolved it for them: 

sooty234
13 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yea one user already discovered disabling spdif resolved it for them: 

But if some are using HDMI and some are using optical, it doesn't equate. If they all are using optical, it would make sense. I can't reproduce this no matter what I do. The excerpts of the log I posted indicate HDMI to a sound bar, but it states stereo. So that might be the issue. It's failing because it needs to downmix, and can't because audio passthrough is enabled. But the issue report shows that you can still play the file if you skip forward. These guys are saying it doesn't play at all.

Nobody answered my question.

On 12/26/2020 at 6:21 PM, sooty234 said:

What does 'won't play anything' mean? 

I specify my setup.
I have 3 audio output devices, motherboard, graphic card and sound card.
My sound card is a Soundblaster Zx, to use Dolby Digital Live or DTS I have to configure the sound output on speaker but connected in spdif, weird but it's like that (see screen ... in french sorry).

I think that problem reported on GIT is the same, yesterday I discovered that in spdif directly without using the encoder of my sound card, I had no problem.

bda9ceadd3e50f9cc820c9ac8e7c1e6a.png

Edited by Ben0074

• 10 months later...

I had the same issue, Emby Theatre on a fresh install of Windows 11 wouldn't load - just stuck on loading icon. 
Changing sound settings did nothing.
The app through the Microsoft Store errored out with "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details." 

Turns out that I had installed Windows 11 *N*. 
Just needed to install "Media Feature Pack" (through  Settings > Apps > Optional features for Windows 11), restarted, working now !

Could Emby Theatre be coded to check the presence of this feature pack, and display *any* error message at all than quietly spin forever ?

5 minutes ago, jawala said:

I had the same issue, Emby Theatre on a fresh install of Windows 11 wouldn't load - just stuck on loading icon. 
Changing sound settings did nothing.
The app through the Microsoft Store errored out with "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details." 

Turns out that I had installed Windows 11 *N*. 
Just needed to install "Media Feature Pack" (through  Settings > Apps > Optional features for Windows 11), restarted, working now !

Could Emby Theatre be coded to check the presence of this feature pack, and display *any* error message at all than quietly spin forever ?

That's interesting. Thanks for the info.