Trailers

ferithon

ferithon

Hi, there is a plugin or a mod (for system or plugin) to have (better local download) trailers (from youtube or other source) in the ITALIAN language?

At moment i use emby internal plugin and "ytrailers" plugin but trailers are downloaded or linked only in englush language.

Tnx for help and sorry for "my bad english" 😜

Hi.  Just FYI, downloading trailers from YouTube may violate their terms of service.  Evaluate for your own risk.

Also be aware. In America, the United States of America, new legislation was just passed which contains certain legal streaming laws.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/21/22193976/covid-relief-spending-congress-copyright-case-act-felony-streaming

Please be very aware that sharing your server with others could be construed as for profit if you are sharing illegal content. Trailers in certain regions can be construed as such. In America this varies by state. In California where I am sharing copyrighted trailers over the internet with someone else will be a felony next year.

Edited by speechles

ferithon

Hi, tnx  a lot for your suggestions...i not share server with anyone (it's only for me). Plugin YTRAILERS is working perfectly...problem is only language. It does download only english video, there is a way to change/force italian language?

• 2 years later...

Same issue here in Austria (German language). Using the Trailer button in the app on every movie is starting YouTube (I think) with the trailer but mostly in English.

I have to manually switch apps on the TV and search YouTube with:

Movie-Name Deutsch/German Trailer

Mostly the first search result is the correct one.

@Lukedoes emby use YouTube?

If yes, please make the search pattern configurable, like:

[Title] Deutsch Trailer HD

Thx

@LukeThanks a lot.

Also the quality is sometimes not good.
I dont know your sources but in the case of youtube, when you add "HD" to the search, in most cases you get an good quality trailer.

When can we expect an improvements on this (next server stable)?
The intial post is already over 3 years old 😕

thx

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
ASMITH84
On 11/9/2023 at 4:39 AM, Luke said:

HI, we are looking into improving our trailer sources. Thanks for the feedback.

Hi Luke!

Yes, the quality of the "Trailers" videos has become very poor. The maximum resolution is 480p. Can you improve this, because it is very bad at the moment.

I have attached a screenshot.

Thank you!

Blackberry.png

• 1 month later...
SonjaMichelleLT

Trailers used to be great! Actual theatrical trailers, sometimes great quality, a little loud, but you get a feel for the movie. Now they just seem to be nothing more than collections of so called influencers mashups of a trailer. Did something change?

I'm thinking of just removing that section from my server, it's pretty useless and obnoxious now. I get better results using my tablet and google before adding something to emby.

34 minutes ago, SonjaMichelleLT said:

Trailers used to be great! Actual theatrical trailers, sometimes great quality, a little loud, but you get a feel for the movie. Now they just seem to be nothing more than collections of so called influencers mashups of a trailer. Did something change?

I'm thinking of just removing that section from my server, it's pretty useless and obnoxious now. I get better results using my tablet and google before adding something to emby.

Hi, can you give an example of one that you think doesn't belong? Thanks.

SonjaMichelleLT

Beetlejuice 2 and Captain America: Brave New World are the two that I watched. I haven't dared try any others. At my age I have NO tolerance for today's obnoxiousness . Why I no longer watch Broadcast or Cable TV. Commercials these days give me such a migraine!

Yes I'm that old fart that chases kids off my lawn wwith my cane. 😉

15 hours ago, SonjaMichelleLT said:

Beetlejuice 2 and Captain America: Brave New World are the two that I watched. I haven't dared try any others. At my age I have NO tolerance for today's obnoxiousness . Why I no longer watch Broadcast or Cable TV. Commercials these days give me such a migraine!

Yes I'm that old fart that chases kids off my lawn wwith my cane. 😉

OK so that's something you don't like about those actual movies and not specific to the trailers. When you first wrote that it gave me the impression that the trailer was being narrated by someone on youtube.

SonjaMichelleLT

Noooo, I didn't say I didn't like the movies. I said, the trailer that emby decided to use was nothing more than a youtube influencer playing clips from the original movie and speculating wha tthe second movie would contain. A couple of weeks latewr I found the Captain America: BNW trailer to be the same.

I just remarked that I find most of toadays commericals and youtubers to be too obnoxious for my tastes, hence why I no longer watch broadcast TV or Cable. 

Trailers on emby were the same trailers you would find at the theater during the Coming Attractions before the main feature. ACTUAL production trailers, not youtube clips from "fans"

SonjaMichelleLT

I tried editing, but it told me "i took too long"

I'm sure seeing Michael Keaton ads Beetlejuice agian is gonna be pretty neat. He did a good job in the recent Flash. Although I didn't care for the actor who played Barry Allen. But I'm not a huge super hero movie fanatic, I can take 'em or leave 'em. 

I'm confused at how Disney is shaping the Marvel Universe, so seeing a trailer would be nice to tell if the movie would be worth sitting in front of for 3 hours. but the continuing actors have been keeping their own and keeping the movies interesting despite Disney's "direction", lol.  But that's my opinion, my Wife is the super hero nut.  https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/twitter/twemoji@14.0.2/assets/72x72/1f609.png  I'm more in to the old 60's War Movies myself. That's the era I grew up watching movies and the actors I know and love. Seeing some of the new "remakes" has been neat. I think Midway was done well compared to the original for example.

Just like they say you can't judge a book by its cover, it is hard to tell if a movie will be good based on a poster. But even some movies, all the good stuff is in the trailer and the actual movie is lacking. Nature of the beast.

Even "reviews" are hit and miss. what one fan likes or does not like doesn't mean another fan is going to hate or like a movie either. A lot of people didn't like Black Adam. My Wife and I actually enjoyed it. Not one we would watch over and over, but certainly one we would include in a "super hero binge fest".

I'm more wondering tha tin orde rto avoid the lime light and litigation by the "labels" that emby pulled away from serving "official" trailers in favor of "fan made" youtube videos. and if that is the case, I'll jsut save menu space on Emby and use my tablet and search IDMB or Fandago or such for the official trailer. An extra step and device, but I've noticed that trailers in the TRAILER section played fine across my devices, but within the movie itself they would not work on our Rokus, but would work on Emby theater on my PC or on my Xbox.

It's not a DEAL BREAKER for using emby in any fashion, but is WAS a nice feature to have at your fingertips. I find emby to be the best Home Media platofrm for streaming my collection so far. I've used WIIMC, Plex, emby and a couple of other more direct folder access ways. But the ease of navigation, collections, write-ups in emby is really handy.

I do find that cast lists in emby tend to be pretty lacking. You usually see on or two of the main stars, the writer, director but it will leave out a HUGE portion of the cast. On TV series too. Not sure if that is an emby shortcoming or a metadata source configuration thing. But again not a deal break, but drives ya crazy when you're try to remember who that actor/actress was and they weren't listed, hehe.

On 12/23/2023 at 7:07 PM, SonjaMichelleLT said:

Noooo, I didn't say I didn't like the movies. I said, the trailer that emby decided to use was nothing more than a youtube influencer playing clips from the original movie and speculating wha tthe second movie would contain. A couple of weeks latewr I found the Captain America: BNW trailer to be the same.

I just remarked that I find most of toadays commericals and youtubers to be too obnoxious for my tastes, hence why I no longer watch broadcast TV or Cable. 

Trailers on emby were the same trailers you would find at the theater during the Coming Attractions before the main feature. ACTUAL production trailers, not youtube clips from "fans"

OK, I wasn't aware of that. We'll look into better trailer sources. Thanks for reporting.

SonjaMichelleLT

I went back and checked out abot 10 more random trailers. Some were as have been reported by others a real trailer but real low quality. Some were in other languages,  some we as I mentioned, influecer videos. Kind of a hit and miss.

• Thanks 1

coltonyyz
On 11/21/2023 at 1:02 PM, Luke said:

Hi, yes we are looking into improving it. Thanks.

Hi There!  Any update on a fix for SD quality trailers? They used to play HD (sometimes SD) but the last 6 months I'd say only SD quality is being received. I liked watching them before, not so much now. :(

• 2 weeks later...
coltonyyz

I do hope there's a fix for this soon. These SD versions are really crappy looking on a 65" TV. Just horrible!

• 3 weeks later...
darrenkdean

Jumping on this thread, as every Friday night is Pizza Movie Night with our kids & this has been going on since the 1st COVID "lock downs" in the US.  Children love to watch trailers before committing their Friday nigh movie choice.  Over the past 6 months, I've noticed a significant decrease in the quality of YouTube Movie Trailers.  I'd say maybe 70% are of good quality, but 30% are VHS quality or worse.  I've also noticed an uptick when clicking Trailer, of the Trailer no longer being found/available.

The Trailers plugin has worked great for us, for many years, but wanted to give a +1 for alternative sourcing/searching of trailers.

Hi, we are looking into improving our trailer sources. Thanks.

Dibbes

In the meantime, you can script HD trailer downloads from various sources, saves these locally and use vantage point 2.0 for example to auto-play some before the movie starts... Takes a little work and storage, but in the end it's worth it for me...

• Thanks 1