MBC Crashes and exits to WMC Main Menu every time I play a file

rkr87

Hi all,

Since the last update (3.0.187.0 6-20.1) of MBC every time I attempt to play a file on any of my extenders via MBC it gives me the following error and returns me to the main menu for WMC;

"The media browser 3 program has stopped responding, you will be returned to Windows Media Center."

I've attached a MBC log from a session where this occurs.

I've tried playing at least 15 different files including files I know worked correctly in the past and get the same error.

Any ideas what's wrong/how I can fix it?

As a less urgent point, I've also been having issues with the new playback interface on my extenders - I used to be able to for eg type 120 and hit play and I'd instantly be taken to 1hr 20mins into the movie, however since the new playback ui my MBC is unresponsive when I hit any number keys on my remote and I have to manually hit channel up 16 times to select the chapter to play from 1hr 20 mins in.... kind of tedious/annoying - is there any way to get the old functionality back?

Thanks.

MBClassic-282014585334bb129e43d8b9e23071b243c00b.log

Awesome! That fixed the crashing issue! Thanks for the rapid response!

However, I'm still unable to use my number keys to play from a specific time point/increase my skip increments - after reading the guide for the new playback UI I should still be able to use that functionality right? I really like the new UI as the 5 min chapter skips are really handy but I much prefer being able to type a minute to play from, any ideas what that issue could be?

Thanks.

That is a known issue with extenders.  The only workaround right now is to turn off the new interface.

Ahh ok, thanks for the heads up :)

I noticed on the latest version of the new playback ui there's options to zoom to fit the screen - is there anyway to do that on the default interface?

Thanks.

NJ RadioGuy

I am experiencing the same problem. Once I complete playback of a movie (it doesn't appear to do it at the end of a TV show) Media Browser just goes to a black screen. Pressing BACK or STOP causes an error message telling me that Media Browser 3 has stopped responding. The ONLY way to clear it out is to go into Task Manager and kill the process, which will bring me back to the desktop. After doing this, and if I re-start MB-C afterwards, the interface will display and scroll titles ok, but the instant I invoke "play" the whole thing hangs. No titles will ever play from that point forward, and restarting the system is the only way to get things back.

Obviously this is yet ANOTHER show-stopper for me.

Is there a known good, stable and rock-solid version of MB-C that I can implement and lock down? I don't care about new features at this point. I would give anything for a stable player that was as good as MB-2 used to be. I've gotten 2 good days out of MB-C (and I am not unable to restore to MB-2 at this point).

PLEASE PLEASE help me get this thing to a usable level? Thanks!

• Like 2

balkerman

I am experiencing the same problem. Once I complete playback of a movie (it doesn't appear to do it at the end of a TV show) Media Browser just goes to a black screen. Pressing BACK or STOP causes an error message telling me that Media Browser 3 has stopped responding. The ONLY way to clear it out is to go into Task Manager and kill the process, which will bring me back to the desktop. After doing this, and if I re-start MB-C afterwards, the interface will display and scroll titles ok, but the instant I invoke "play" the whole thing hangs. No titles will ever play from that point forward, and restarting the system is the only way to get things back.

Obviously this is yet ANOTHER show-stopper for me.

Is there a known good, stable and rock-solid version of MB-C that I can implement and lock down? I don't care about new features at this point. I would give anything for a stable player that was as good as MB-2 used to be. I've gotten 2 good days out of MB-C (and I am not unable to restore to MB-2 at this point).

PLEASE PLEASE help me get this thing to a usable level? Thanks!

I know how you feel....I now turn off updates for MBC and server. Only update rarely and do full drive images before updating anything!

Edited by balkerman
  • Like 1