Emby unlock for Nvidia Shield

jkasanic

jkasanic

I already have Emby unlocked on iOS and FireTV. I just replaced an older media streamer with an nVidia Shield TV Pro and I’m trying to connect to my UnRAID server for local playback only. I thought this would be free but I keep getting the unlock app or restore unlock option. Should there be a way to restore my Android (FireTV app) purchase? I really have no use for Premiere as I think this would also solve my issue.

Edited by jkasanic

Hi.  Yes, these are all different stores (Amazon, Apple, Google) and we are required to offer these items through their respective stores.  You say you have no need for Premiere but Premiere would give you all of these without having to unlock them.

jkasanic
4 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Yes, these are all different stores (Amazon, Apple, Google) and we are required to offer these items through their respective stores.  You say you have no need for Premiere but Premiere would give you all of these without having to unlock them.

Yeah but if I’m not using the features of Emby Premiere then it’s a pretty hefty premium to pay. Have you considered offering a bundle of the apps for all platforms? I know it’s probably complicated by the fact they come from different stores. Also, there’s still a lot of literature on the web saying local access to your media is “free”. Seems a bit misleading.

15 hours ago, jkasanic said:

there’s still a lot of literature on the web saying local access to your media is “free”.

Hi.  Exactly where?  We have never based premiere on local vs remote.

jkasanic
10 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Exactly where?  We have never based premiere on local vs remote.

Probably didn’t state it very well. This chart for example, should probably put an asterisk next to free to denote that you need a paid (unlocked) version of the app to do what’s labeled “free”.

Anyway, I don’t want to sound ungrateful or spiteful with respect to Emby and what you guys have put together. I’ve been using it for quite a while and except for the occasional hiccup with the kodi add-on (hence why I was interested in looking at the Shield with Emby app to bypass Kodi), it has been a very nice product. Keep up the good work!

15 minutes ago, jkasanic said:

This chart for example, should probably put an asterisk next to free to denote that you need a paid (unlocked) version of the app to do what’s labeled “free”.

That is not correct.  If it is in the "Free" column, then it is.  Things that require an unlock are indicated that way.

jkasanic
27 minutes ago, ebr said:

That is not correct.  If it is in the "Free" column, then it is.  Things that require an unlock are indicated that way.

Ok, my fault. I wasn’t reading the chart correctly. I get it now. Thanks.

Edited by jkasanic
  • Like 1