How do I get Log files from Emby App on nVidia Shield?

ShoutingMan

ShoutingMan

How do I get log files from the Shield’s Emby app?

I’ve got the file explorer app. I look as advised, but this location doesn’t exist. There are no “mb” or “Emby” files on my Shield that I can find  

Help? Thanks!

CBers
13 minutes ago, ShoutingMan said:

How do I get log files from the Shield’s Emby app?

If you enable the DEBUG option in the app, you can submit logs from the app itself. 

Click on your username, top of the screen, then click on Send Logs at the bottom. 

• Like 2

FrostByte

I think those folders are only used with Emby for Android app because I can see those folders and files.  As CBers mentioned for ATV just use the menu within the app

• Like 1

ShoutingMan
15 minutes ago, CBers said:

If you enable the DEBUG option in the app, you can submit logs from the app itself. 

Click on your username, top of the screen, then click on Send Logs at the bottom. 

Thanks. I've done that multiple times previously and just now. But the logs don't seem to go anywhere. For debugging a problem, the Emby developers and support team keep asking me to get local log files from the Shield and don't seem to have access to logs this way from the Emby app.

Super confused... 😕

1 hour ago, ShoutingMan said:

Thanks. I've done that multiple times previously and just now. But the logs don't seem to go anywhere. For debugging a problem, the Emby developers and support team keep asking me to get local log files from the Shield and don't seem to have access to logs this way from the Emby app

Hi.  Where have we asked you for this log?  There are specific instructions for providing the information we need to find them once you've sent them.  Please provide that information in the thread where we asked you to send the log.  Thanks.

Reproduce your problem and then use this button to send the log.  Then add the following information to your report in the forum:

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log (in Eastern Time please - UTC -5)
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

CBers
1 hour ago, ShoutingMan said:

Thanks. I've done that multiple times previously and just now. But the logs don't seem to go anywhere. For debugging a problem, the Emby developers and support team keep asking me to get local log files from the Shield and don't seem to have access to logs this way from the Emby app.

Super confused... 😕

They are sent directly to the developer to view. 

Not sure they are saved in a user enabled location, but it's probably a good suggestion for the future. 

Thanks. 

ShoutingMan
28 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Where have we asked you for this log?  There are specific instructions for providing the information we need to find them once you've sent them.  Please provide that information in the thread where we asked you to send the log.  Thanks.

That thread ^

I'm trying to figure out how to get log files for the Android failures I'm seeing on certain videos, that play fine everywhere else (Safari, Edge, iOS, iPadOS, AppleTV, webOS)

17 minutes ago, ShoutingMan said:

I'm trying to figure out how to get log files for the Android failures I'm seeing on certain videos, that play fine everywhere else

48 minutes ago, ebr said:

There are specific instructions for providing the information we need to find them once you've sent them.  Please provide that information in the thread where we asked you to send the log.  Thanks.

Reproduce your problem and then use this button to send the log.  Then add the following information to your report in the forum:

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log (in Eastern Time please - UTC -5)
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

• 3 months later...