3.0.11 > 3.0.13 dropping frames now

Mbedford

Mbedford

Hi support team,

Emby theatre just upgraded itself from 3.0.11 > 3.0.13. Its now dropping frames, doesn't matter what codec type it seems to be, example attached.

On 3.0.11, everything was silky smooth, even 4k is playing smooth as now on 3.0.11. I note in the change log that mpv was updated in 3.0.13. Most likely the cause of the issue I presume.

Can you investigate and fix? Or allow a way for me to rollback to older version of MPV or back to 3.0.11?

Note: Using Emby in Chrome = no dropped frames.

Note2: If you remember my setup, Emby server, all media, Emby theater, Chrome, all on the same PC.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Mbedford

sooty234

Looking at the screenshot, it appears that hardware acceleration is broken again with libmpv under electron. Your hardware acceleration is set to auto, yes? But it's defaulting to auto-copy, which is mpv working around the issue.

sooty234

Yup! It's broken again. If you use the libmpv renderer and try to force a non copy mode for hardware acceleration, it fails back to software decoding.

I tried using the last build for 0.32 and the same issue is present. So, electron....

Probably this again....

https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/7769

Edited by sooty234

@sooty234 Remember that "best hardware" (aka HTPC) thread? Are you blushing? :P

Edited by speechles
  • Haha 2

sooty234
2 hours ago, speechles said:

@sooty234 Remember that "best hardware" (aka HTPC) thread? Are you blushing? :P

Hahaha... but in this case, we just use the other renderer and all is well. This is actually an Emby issue, anyway. 

Edited by sooty234