Emby Premiere on Nvida Sheild not working

avispa
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Hello, I am a paying Emby Premiere member and have been for some time. Recently my nvidia shield said I needed to pay to unlock the app. Figured it wasn't big deal to support the Emby team so I paid the unlock fee figuring there would be a place to enter my premiere key after that. Nope. Now I just see the little Emby Premiere box at the bottom, figured I would just click on that to enter my key. Nope. Not sure how I can get my Emby unlocked, my Emby server is on a headless linux box so my Nvida Sheild is the only way I can access the benefits of my premiere subscription. Please help me out getting this straightened out.

seanbuff

Hi, 

It sounds like you just recently paid to unlock the Android TV app on your Shield, which does just that - there is no key that comes with that.

However, it sounds like you may have previously purchased a Premiere subscription which does provide a key, and is required to be entered into the server. I understand your server is on a headless linux host. You can simply use a browser to navigate to the server IP address and port, eg. http://192.168.0.100:8096 -- once logged in there, you can enter the key in the UI as below

image.png.de12895d0e47bdda52622b5d4d45d363.png

Yes I have a Premiere account, I have for like 2 years, all was well and then the message popped up on my nvidia shield. I paid to unlock my account and I still don't have my premiere account benefits and it is still wanting me to pay 6.49 for premiere which I already pay for and have for the past few years.

seanbuff

Okay good, so it sounds like you have both an active Premiere subscription and have unlocked the Android TV app.

What benefits do you feel are missing? Are you unable to do something that you believe you have access to?

Well the main thing I notice is that cinema mode isn't working so I don't get trailers before my movies  (this worked earlier this week). Also it concerns me that it still asks for me to sign up for premiere. I get that there isn't many noticeable issues but you would think that since my account is already premiere the android tv app would recognize that. I guess it's more just an annoyance and since I mainly use the shield to use Emby I wouldn't know if I was missing something since the app doesn't think I have premiere.

seanbuff

On the 'Emby Premiere' page on the server (details above)

What does the 'Status' section report for your Premiere subscription?

Well that's strange when I checked my premiere key it said it was invalid. I checked my last email from Emby and the key had changed without me knowing, I didn't think it changed but I guess I was wrong. Guess that solves that.

• Solution
10 hours ago, avispa said:

Well that's strange when I checked my premiere key it said it was invalid. I checked my last email from Emby and the key had changed without me knowing, I didn't think it changed but I guess I was wrong. Guess that solves that.

Hi.  If the email address on your PayPal account changes, then that will cause a new key to be sent to that email address.