Migrating Emby to a new NAS

IRO
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I couldn't found any wiki article about migration.

I would like to move Emby from an ARM-based Synology DS215+ to an Intel-based DS220+, while keeping most of the settings possible. I can ensure that the media paths will be the same on the new device. What is the workflow for this?

Thanks.

FrostByte

Bummer HDD migration isn't available for the DS215+ since you're going from a plus to another plus that would have been nice.

Migration will be easier if your metatdata is stored with your media and you have nfo files.  Other than that just install server and restore the backup

Edited by FrostByte

Thanks.

Yeah, for some reason one cannot use HDD migration with DS215+. I tried the manual backup method on Luke's link though.

First try is half-success. After copying the config and db and re-adding the library paths all my settings were intact and looked good,  but the database didn't seem to pick up new additions. Even when manually scanning the directory.

I tried the Emby docker version on the new NAS, and it was newer, so maybe that's why. I don't know if you have changed the database structure since 4.4.3.0, that's the latest version on my old NAS.

I think I upgrade the version on the DS215 manually first, then I'll try the migration again.