Watching stops

mrrroa

otispresley
18 hours ago, mrrroa said:

So did you see where if I change the bitrate to higher or lower it seems to solve it? Does that happen with your problem's as well?

I will have to do some additional testing to see if this is the case. Enabling the Display refresh rate switching option seemed to clear it up on the Fire HD10 (didn't work for my phone); although, some few titles just display a green screen for video and you can still hear the audio. Those same titles play fine with software decoding.

otispresley

I did some testing, and changing the streaming rate does in fact correct the issue. I found on my phone that it was trying to play direct when my Wi-Fi speed wasn't fast enough to support it. Changing to 1080p@20Mbps in Chrome worked fine

otispresley

Did more testing and found out that if you turn off harware acceleration in Chrome, it streams fine with Auto, which results in 4K 120Mbps with a 4K title.

Edited by otispresley

I set chrome to not use hardware and when doing 480p 1Mbps still stops at ~7min.   Again firefox did work but all "chrome" browsers do not with or without hardware on.

Doing more test.  I can't confirm yet but it would seem the encoder doesn't like the files.  Again they play fine in plex. But a lot of other files will play fine at any rate in emby.  

• 2 weeks later...