Emby stops running

johnlumgair

johnlumgair

I’ve just installed Emmy on my Synology DS218Play. It was working really well locally for a hour but then Emby then would stop running, and in the synology interface I would press “run” it would run for a minute and then stop. It’s  never lasted more than a minute since then.

So I thought I’d try the beta, (and I’m excited to look at the composer metadata) and I get exactly the same issue. 

I also, think there is an issue with remote access, but it may be that it’s stopped running before there is a chance solve that issue. 

Edited by johnlumgair
Spelling mistake!

Ok, is this log from when the problem occurred, or from after you started the server back up again? I think I need the previous log file. Thanks.

17 hours ago, johnlumgair said:

thanks Luke, I've attached two logos as I'm not sure which is which, I guess its the longer one. I really appreciate your help

embyserver-63744019200.txt 3.08 kB · 1 download embyserver-63744105600.txt 187.3 kB · 1 download

Well let's look at it this way. What time of day did the server last stop?

johnlumgair

Sorry if I'm unclear.

If you look at "Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 02.20" (the Screenshot is also the timestamp) what happens is that I press "run" and it turns to "open" like the other apps. But If I come back a minute or so later  it's gone back to saying "run" rather than "open". I don't know if the log reflect that.

I first noticed this when I tried to connect to it from outside the network, and I get the following alert "Screenshot 2020-12-23 at 10.44"

Does that make sense?

Thanks again for your help

Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 02.20.29.png

Screenshot 2020-12-23 at 10.44.41.png

Tolerant

Listed on the server.. Emby is not running.. according to the web interface.. however, the server IS still running on my Sys NAS.  The upgrading is a pain in the butt with the manual upgrades. I am shocked we are not past these issues.

johnlumgair

Thank you Tolerant,

If it is still running and merely appears not to be, its annoying bug but really helpful to know! Now I can now rule this out as the cause of me not being able to connect from outside the network.

6 hours ago, ren9821 said:

I also encountered exactly the same problem.

My device is DS918+

Yes, it's quite an interesting bug. I hadn't really noticed before. I have been updating by stopping the Emby server from the Emby Dashboard, doing a manual update from Package Manager and that's it, as the server starts automatically. Just now I thought I would have a quick look at the status in Package Manager, and when I did that, Emby stopped!! No warning, no interaction. I had to click start, then all back to normal (it hasn't stopped again)

I have a 918+ too/

Edited by kaj

It's purely cosmetic, the server will still be running so there's nothing to worry about. We haven't yet figured out why this happens, but we're going to re-evaluate it after the move to DSM 7 given that that's coming very soon.

8 hours ago, Luke said:

It's purely cosmetic, the server will still be running so there's nothing to worry about. We haven't yet figured out why this happens, but we're going to re-evaluate it after the move to DSM 7 given that that's coming very soon.

Hi Luke. In my case it isn't cosmetic, as I outlined it above. All remote users kicked off, I can't access locally. It's very strange, I've tried it twice and both time Emby stopped. After restarting it's totally fine. I will just keep avoid looking at it in Package Manager. 

Hi Luke, add me to the list of Synology problems with 4.5.4 Upgraded today and now I can't even get into server. Synology keeps showing that it is not running. I click start and it works for a minute or 2 and then stops. I am unable to get in long enough to generate log file.

Trying to log in with shield tv just shows the spinning circle.

Mark

Finaly able to get in for a few minutes. Here's the log

embyserver.txt

Edited by Acemt
log

1 minute ago, Acemt said:

Hi Luke, add me to the list of Synology problems with 4.5.4 Upgraded today and now I can't even get into server. Synology keeps showing that it is not running. I click start and it works for a minute or 2 and then stops. I am unable to get in long enough to generate log file.

Trying to log in with shield tv just shows the spinning circle.

Mark

Hi there, please attach the emby server log from when this happens:

Thanks.

Painfully slow even when it does work. Used to be lightening fast, now it takes about 20 seconds from clicking movies to actually seeing titles

2 minutes ago, Acemt said:

Painfully slow even when it does work. Used to be lightening fast, now it takes about 20 seconds from clicking movies to actually seeing titles

At what point during the time of this log was it slow?

New log Luke. You should see at the beginning of file at log in where it takes a while to go into movies.

Got stuttering on Rogue One and ATMOS logo popping up where there was none 2 days ago. This is my test movie because of the higher bit rate.

Mark

embyserver(1).txt

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2020 at 1:19 PM, Acemt said:

New log Luke. You should see at the beginning of file at log in where it takes a while to go into movies.

Got stuttering on Rogue One and ATMOS logo popping up where there was none 2 days ago. This is my test movie because of the higher bit rate.

Mark

embyserver(1).txt 470.64 kB · 0 downloads

Ok @Acemtthis should perform better for the next release. Apologies for the disruption.

Glyde62

Problem I am having is almost every night whatever we are watching will freeze and won't restart 

Check emby server and says it is running, But only way to get Kodi playing again is to stop and restart emby server

Edited by Glyde62

On 1/12/2021 at 4:09 AM, Glyde62 said:

Problem I am having is almost every night whatever we are watching will freeze and won't restart 

Check emby server and says it is running, But only way to get Kodi playing again is to stop and restart emby server

Hi there, please attach the emby server log from when this happens. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...