Emby on firestick 4k images problem

rodainas

rodainas

Emby client is not showing backdrop images for movies or tvshows neither thumbnails for episodes, it sometimes shows some of them but is random and tends to skip most of them.

I have tested on other clients On SamsungTV, iOS, Theater on windows, website and this problem only occurs on the Emby client on firetv 4k, am using latest version 1.8.54a.

rodainas
Emby for Android TV/Fire TV and Emby for Roku Logs

These apps have the option to send an app log to us electronically.  You enter the settings page and turn on the "Debug Options".  Now there will be a new tile on your home page settings row (or menu option on the user menu at the top) labelled "Send Log".  Reproduce your problem and then use this button to send the log.  Then add the following information to your report in the forum:

I followed this but i am not getting the Send Log option on the app
Edited by rodainas

19 minutes ago, rodainas said:

I followed this but i am not getting the Send Log option on the app

Did you click on your user at the top of the home page?

Thanks.  Lots of timeouts trying to load your images.

12-18 17:26:32.986 31362 31362 I Glide   : java.net.SocketTimeoutException: timeout

Is this server on your local LAN?  The address being used is remote and HTTPS.

Okay, then the answer is that the requests for the images are timing out.  What kind of connection is at both ends?

rodainas

The client is wired gigabit connection, download speed of 200mbit.

The server has a 1000mbit upload speed.

this only happens with the androidtv client, I tested it on a nvidia shield too, same results.

All the other clients gets the images.

Sometimes if a leave the tv show details page it loads the backdrop, but after something like 10-20 min with that page being idle.

Edited by rodainas

rodainas

No nothing of that.

The videos and images are on gdrive mounted on the server.

Couldnt you add a configurable timeout option for the androidtv client to make it higher, weird is that the only client with this problem is the androidtv one, I installed the normal android mobile client on the firetv and everything worked perfectly.

Edited by rodainas

1 hour ago, rodainas said:

No nothing of that.

The videos and images are on gdrive mounted on the server.

Couldnt you add a configurable timeout option for the androidtv client to make it higher, weird is that the only client with this problem is the androidtv one, I installed the normal android mobile client on the firetv and everything worked perfectly.

How is video playback with the standard app?

I think the missing images are just a visible symptom of a more systemic problem of some sort - that being slow network performance for some reason.

May seem counter-intuitive but you might try wifi...

rodainas
54 minutes ago, Luke said:

How is video playback with the standard app?

Playback works well, no buffering, everything ok.

8 minutes ago, ebr said:

I think the missing images are just a visible symptom of a more systemic problem of some sort - that being slow network performance for some reason.

May seem counter-intuitive but you might try wifi...

Already tried that, It cant be network performance, I can play high bitrate movies, 4k movie, 20gb and up movies. 
Even kodi with the emby addons and embuary skin, shows all the images on the firetv, I know is something with the androidtv client that differs with the other clients.