Shield TV Server high bitrate constant pausing

tmenzzz

Recently switched from PC to 2017 Shield TV for my Emby Server and now have an issue with high bitrate content. Drives are SMB mounted and have no issues if I switch to my PC as the Emby Server, but with the Shield as the server the problems exist. Everything is on Cat 6. Is this a known issue?

EDIT: This log is long. There are a few instances of this happening in the log, but the end of the log is my last attempt trying to play a 4k remux at 11:25

embyserver.txt

Edited by tmenzzz

Hi.  Did you specify what app you were using to play content?  Do you have this problem in the web app as well?

I'll try that now. The problem occurs on a 2019 Shield pro in the Emby app as well as Emby Theater on Windows. The web app won't play direct stream so it seems the problem isn't as bad there due to transcoding lowering the bitrate? Still pauses though.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, can you please try this on the shield and see how it compares?

Same results. The issue seems to lie in the Emby Server for Shield TV, not the Emby client.

32 minutes ago, tmenzzz said:

Same results. The issue seems to lie in the Emby Server for Shield TV, not the Emby client.

Ok, the log you posted is from a windows server though.

22 minutes ago, Luke said:

Ok, the log you posted is from a windows server though.

You're right, sorry. I got mixed up switching back and forth between tabs in Firefox from the 2 servers. This is the one from the Shield I meant to upload.

embyserver(1).txt