I have Emby Premiere but can't get Live TV working

Ronstang
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

oldnavy1

Yea, I wont lie this kinda sucks I have been wanting to get a new tuner card, and this issue had me almost purchasing a HDHR prime 3 (had it in my cart) but going from 4 tuners to 3 is pretty rough.  I wished they did not scrap the prime 6 tuner was really looking forward to up grade instead of having to do these "workarounds".

Ronstang

It's not really a workaround.....it works.....and I like the Ceton cards.  I have an InfiniTV6 that I bought in 2014 and 4 InfiniTV4s that I bough last year off ebay for $25 a piece brand new so I will be upgrading my server as soon as the new Live TV in emby is released because it will have native support for the Ceton cards and the proxy will no longer be necessary.

On 12/15/2022 at 11:08 PM, oldnavy1 said:

Yea, I wont lie this kinda sucks I have been wanting to get a new tuner card, and this issue had me almost purchasing a HDHR prime 3 (had it in my cart) but going from 4 tuners to 3 is pretty rough.  I wished they did not scrap the prime 6 tuner was really looking forward to up grade instead of having to do these "workarounds".

You can pick one up on ebay "buy it now" for roughly $65 or could bid on the many auctions.  I've seen them selling in auctions for $30 (watch the shipping charges).  There are several ending in a day with no bids right now.

Here is one for $20.90 won through an auction. Came to $38 total including shipping

Couple other ones that I bet will get picked up cheap:
US $20.90 + $11.99 shipping  - Ends in 17.5 hours. https://www.ebay.com/itm/385296568735
US $24.50
 + $4.55 shipping - Ends in 2 days, 17 hours. https://www.ebay.com/itm/204189488247

It's a good time to pick one up right before Christmas as people are looking at other things besides tuners.  Normally there would be more bids on these.

• 2 months later...
Ronstang

Time to revisit this issue as I finally got my second server up and running after running coax and Cat6 to this room to make it work.  Now it's time to set up one of my extra 4 Ceton cards in the new server but once again.....it is not simple nor does and of the documentation for CetonProxy shed any light on it for me at least.  I have been messing with this for hours today to no avail. 

The Ceton tuner in my other server uses the IP address of the computer itself on my home network to set it up in emby....I tried that in this PC but to no avail so I have absolutely no clue what cayars did when he got this working for me a couple years ago.

If anyone has any insight it would be awesome and when cayars finally gets around to helping me maybe between the 2 of us we can create a step by step how to on this issue so there is a permanent record of how to accomplish this because I don't know if we are ever going to get TVnext.....I am not optimistic since it has been being promised for years.

Ronstang

OK, I re-read through this thread and it appears that the solution is to add the port 5004 to the end of the IP address of the computer with the Ceton card installed.  On my other machine it is not and is entered as http:// etc.....so that is what had me confused.  I do not know why it works on that machine but not this one but adding the port 5004 at least mad my tuner available in emby.   The fact that it won't access most of my channels is something to take up with my useless cable company....if you can avoid Optimum do so at all costs as they are the absolute most useless and dumbest company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1