Version 4.5.4.0 Not available for Synology

Snakebait

Snakebait

Hi, The new version 4.5.4.0 was posted on my dashboard over three months ago and Synology has not made it available yet. Is Synology holding it back or is something wrong on my end? Tom

Hi, updates are installed manually for now until we're listed in the official Synology app store, which we're working on:

Happy2Play
11 minutes ago, Snakebait said:

The new version 4.5.4.0 was posted on my dashboard over three months ago

😀 But that version was only released 3 days ago.  But would guess the previous version was shown.

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, Snakebait said:

My server is a DS415+

Looks like the 64 bit version.

@Snakebait For manual installs it's probably better to follow this:

Stop the server using the Emby Dashboard

Install the update manually using the Synology Package Manger - Manual Install

Emby should start automatically

Open a web browser....

as the install instructions.

Snakebait

I installed the update without stopping emby server. Should i reinstall the update? Where is the old repository from DSM? Tom

Hi, try shutting down emby server first and then manually installing the update.

The old repo is still in the same place but it's staying at 4.4.3.

Omahabrownie

I have had trouble in the past updating the emby server on my synology nas a DS720+. Two different time, after following directions it would not work after the install. The only solution I found was to uninstall it all and start again, which is a big pain because my whole collection must be re-scan into the server and I have to re setup my collections. Is this the way it is always going to work? If it is I will not be updating very often, I paid for this and was hoping updates would be easy. They use to be easy but in the last 6 months I have had nothing but trouble. I would really appreciate some incite on this problem.

8 minutes ago, Omahabrownie said:

I have had trouble in the past updating the emby server on my synology nas a DS720+. Two different time, after following directions it would not work after the install. The only solution I found was to uninstall it all and start again, which is a big pain because my whole collection must be re-scan into the server and I have to re setup my collections. Is this the way it is always going to work? If it is I will not be updating very often, I paid for this and was hoping updates would be easy. They use to be easy but in the last 6 months I have had nothing but trouble. I would really appreciate some incite on this problem.

Hi, I apologies for the inconvenience. The plan is that we're going to be in the official Synology app store, and once that happens you'll have easy automatic updates again.

• 3 months later...
Omahabrownie

Hi, just have a question, is there a way yet to update emby on my synology nas, a ds720+ without having to redo my repository, without having to re-scan everything again? I have been holding off on updating because the last two times I updated I had to re-scan everything. I followed the rules of shutting the server down first.

Thanks Dave

15 hours ago, Omahabrownie said:

Hi, just have a question, is there a way yet to update emby on my synology nas, a ds720+ without having to redo my repository, without having to re-scan everything again? I have been holding off on updating because the last two times I updated I had to re-scan everything. I followed the rules of shutting the server down first.

Thanks Dave

Hi, I don't think a full scan will be needed, but it's hard to guarantee. This was a tricky migration to the new packaging, and also, the older your current server version is, the greater the chances are that it will be needed.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• 5 months later...